Films that disappoint

D

Deleted member 18121

I've had 2 recently that stunk more than a man utd game.

Guys at worked recommended itonya and silver linings .

Itonya - honestly I thought they'd played a practical joke on me, what a god awful film. I turned it off part way through.

Silver linings - 2 guys were discussing it and were belly laughing about some of the scenes. What they described sounded decent, yet I barely broke a smile at anything.

Maybe this says more about me.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've had 2 recently that stunk more than a man utd game.

Guys at worked recommended itonya and silver linings .

Itonya - honestly I thought they'd played a practical joke on me, what a god awful film. I turned it off part way through.

Silver linings - 2 guys were discussing it and were belly laughing about some of the scenes. What they described sounded decent, yet I barely broke a smile at anything.

Maybe this says more about me.

Two really great films there imo, maybe it says more about me though ?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Definitely one of my least favourite Marvel films. I was rooting for Michael B Jordan as I found him more appealing!

I would put Endgame as one of my most disappointing. Infinity War was great but Endgame had to go for the cliche time travel reversal and a pretty generic battle at the end. I would have used the Disney Plus series etc to have the world living post Snap for a while before just changing it all as if nothing ever happens. It is a downside from comics and the films based on them, nobody stays dead for long and nothing has real consequence.

Re-watched the latest Bond film over the weekend and agree it is really not that good. Bond films are often only as good as the villain and this one can only have been in it for about 15 minutes of the run time.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I would put Endgame as one of my most disappointing. Infinity War was great but Endgame had to go for the cliche time travel reversal and a pretty generic battle at the end. I would have used the Disney Plus series etc to have the world living post Snap for a while before just changing it all as if nothing ever happens. It is a downside from comics and the films based on them, nobody stays dead for long and nothing has real consequence.

Re-watched the latest Bond film over the weekend and agree it is really not that good. Bond films are often only as good as the villain and this one can only have been in it for about 15 minutes of the run time.
They do when the actor doesn't want to reprise the role anymore.. ?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
They do when the actor doesn't want to reprise the role anymore.. ?

Then they invent a way around it via a re-boot or, indeed, by having a multiverse. Iron Man will be back, Captain America simply transitioned to a new iteration. Pretty much the only characters that has staid dead in comics are Peter Parker's Uncle Ben (except they switched that in the films) and Batman's Parents/

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Then they invent a way around it via a re-boot or, indeed, by having a multiverse. Iron Man will be back, Captain America simply transitioned to a new iteration. Pretty much the only characters that has staid dead in comics are Peter Parker's Uncle Ben (except they switched that in the films) and Batman's Parents/

Actually, I lie, there have been a couple of itterations where Batman's parents survive, including one where his mother becomes the Joker (in these Bruce Wayne dies in the shooting and the parents survive, one goes vigilante and the other goes insane). Not impossible that some of that may be seen in the new Flash film depending on how it follows the Flashpoint story arc.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Braveheart. So historically inaccurate it was a joke.
Indeed - You would have thought it would have been fairly easy, and no less 'dramatic', to actually have a river and a bridge in the Battle of Stirling Bridge. And as far as Wallace's romantic encounters - well more than a little bit of artistic licence applied etc etc.

Swango1980

Visit site
Most superhero / action movies. I'm a big fan of the story and really building up the characters. Sadly, most of these films spend more effort showing us how good their special effects teams are by destroying as many buildings as possible. They try and show us our friendly superhero battling with an evil foe, whilst the city crumbles around them. The film makers happily ignore the fact that thousands of citizens would be killed and terribly injured in the debris. Awful films.