Films that disappoint

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
He died like a pig… what did you say? I said that your friend died screaming like a stuck Irish pig. Now you think about that when I beat the rap…

??

I particularly like this exchange;

But my favourite has to be this, at 2.02;

And a score by Ennio Morricone; what's not to like?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't think it fits the thread theme though since nobody could have had any decent expectations for that in the first place. :LOL:

A fair point but I do have reasonable expectations for Ghostbusters Afterlife and we will see how that lives up to them when I download it at the weekend.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A fair point but I do have reasonable expectations for Ghostbusters Afterlife and we will see how that lives up to them when I download it at the weekend.
Slow to start off but stick with it. Plenty of nostalgic nods to the original, not just the obvious, that made it worthwhile for me.

Carlwm

Visit site
I like my films, and certain genres are a big draw for me. So after waiting longer than we wanted, we sat down to watch "No time to die" on blue ray last night.
What a pile of introspective rubbish.
I have always loved James Bond, for the action, scenary and settings, the classy way he has, but in this film I have to say the end is now.
The film is far too long, has too many throwbacks to historical films and just doesn't have that edge any more. The action scenes and chases were predicable as ever, the laughs limited and the gadgety sparse.
I hope they leave the character there where it is...dead and buried and leave us all to the older Bond films that had that style and swagger for periodical viewing. "No time to die" is definately a film to not watch more than once unless you fancy having your finger nails pulled out with pliers.

I thought the first two Daniel Craig Bond films were hopeless- easily the worst of the series up to that point - so I've not seen the follow-ups. The just seem to suck everything that was good about Bond and bin it.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I generally prefer dialogue driven films, but I'm afraid that "woke" culture pretty much prohibits anything resembling traditional comedy.
I find it hard to find any new film to watch.
Not that there's any actual "film" involved in this digital era.

Less from the content perspective but more in terms of venue,
one wonders if streaming services are bringing the cinema era to an end.
That would be a shame.
I miss pre-covid nights out for dinner and a movie.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Oh god I forgot I wasted at least 2 hours of my life on that abomination. :poop::poop::poop:
I watched it expecting it to be garbage but it wasn't too bad - very low expectation helped. However, I have ordered the original on Blu-ray to compare because I haven't seen it for years - I'm hoping it's still as good as I remember

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yeah, Remi Malek was not a great character in NTTD. Could have cut him out entirely. If Blofled has escaped from Belmarsh and come after 007, would have been better. Christoph Waltz was badly under-used.
Agree, he was genuinely sinister, whereas Remi Malek just followed the generic facial scar & foreign accent template