Scenes in Films that don't make sense

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was listening to the mighty Popmaster quiz on R2 today when Raindrops Keep Falling on your Head came up as a question, the question being what film was it from. Ans, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. It is a silly song in a silly scene in the film. It makes no sense to me why either the song or scene are in there.

You may not agree with the above but that is my opinion. My question is, what scenes in films make no sense whatsoever to you in the context of the rest of the film?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I recently watched a film called Skyscraper where Dwayne The Rock Johnson plays a feller who has an artificial leg. It's an action film obviously, and at one point he sprints down the arm of a tower crane to jump off the end and crash through glass into a burning building (like 30 floors up in the air). The jump distance is impossible though, so it looks ridiculous. Someone on IMDB worked out he would have needed to be running at 28.4mph to make the jump - 1mph faster than Usain Bolt's fastest recorded speed. Reminder that his character has a false leg.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I was listening to the mighty Popmaster quiz on R2 today when Raindrops Keep Falling on your Head came up as a question, the question being what film was it from. Ans, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. It is a silly song in a silly scene in the film. It makes no sense to me why either the song or scene are in there.

You may not agree with the above but that is my opinion. My question is, what scenes in films make no sense whatsoever to you in the context of the rest of the film?

Its the age old argument surrounding the use of juxtaposition. In Butch Cassidy it was about a 'normal' life 'v' that of outlaws. The plot often showed them as being fed up with the outlaw life style, wanting to retire, but then went on to say they wanted to to carry on being outlaws in Bolivia, where the judicial system wasn't as well structured as the developing one in the US.

Personally, I hate deep movies. All I want is mindless entertainment. Movies with bizarre, juxtaposition scenes just turn me off.

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
Captain America: Civil War

There is a point in the film where Captain America, Black Panther and The Winter Soldier are sprinting through a tunnel. They are all sprinting faster than the cars are driving.

But later in the film at the airport it takes them about 5 minutes to run what looks like 800m to the carrier where their plane is.

Maybe this is a lack of consistency as opposed to not making sense.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Team America.......what was that love scene all about? :rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
JERRY MAGUIRE
I can't take any credit for this one - it was Bill Simmons on TheRinger.com who just brutalised the movie and nailed its most famous line in the process.

The scene where Tom Cruise walks into Renee Zellweger's friends meeting and she does her "you had me at hello" line.
Cruise is at a Monday Night football game with Cuba Gooding Jr. He catches the winning touchdown and makes a recovery from an apparent paralysis injury. That game would have started at 6.20pm local time (8.20 East Coast). It would not have finished until at least 9.30pm local time. Then Cruise would have stayed to talk with Gooding Jr so would not have left the Cardinals' stadium in Arizona until 10pm at the very earliest.
30 minutes to the airport minimum and then he has to find himself a flight to Los Angeles. Best possible scenario for take-off is 11.30pm local time. Flight to LA is 90 minutes but he gets an hour back from crossing to West Coast time. Lands at LAX at midnight.
He then has to get out of the airport, find a cab and drive to Zellweger's house. Around an hour at best.

So he walks in at 1am - and yet all those women are still sitting around in the lounge totally sober .........

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bull Durham - any pitch that Tim Robbins tries to throw as Nuke LaLoosh. chrisd would be a more realistic pitcher than he was in that film ;-)