Films that disappoint

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like my films, and certain genres are a big draw for me. So after waiting longer than we wanted, we sat down to watch "No time to die" on blue ray last night.
What a pile of introspective rubbish.
I have always loved James Bond, for the action, scenary and settings, the classy way he has, but in this film I have to say the end is now.
The film is far too long, has too many throwbacks to historical films and just doesn't have that edge any more. The action scenes and chases were predicable as ever, the laughs limited and the gadgety sparse.
I hope they leave the character there where it is...dead and buried and leave us all to the older Bond films that had that style and swagger for periodical viewing. "No time to die" is definately a film to not watch more than once unless you fancy having your finger nails pulled out with pliers.

RichA

Visit site
Interesting take. I disagree. I've always been a Bond fan. We thought it was comfortably the best Bond film ever, probably up there with the best we've seen of any genre.
I found the throwbacks nice. Mrs A didn't notice them, but she's probably only seen each film once.
Daniel Craig has been the best Bond yet. This series has been the best, for me, since the Connery films of the 60s. Gritty and interesting.
By chance, I saw 15 minutes of Live and Let Die on one of the ITV channels a couple of days ago. It was dreadful. Corny, awful acting. Another era, I know, but the sexism to the point of outright misogyny was cringey.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Might be worth putting spoiler alert in the title for those who haven't seen it yet?
I enjoyed it, I agree with RichA Craig is my favourite Bond, whoever replaces him has big boots to fill. And I dont think the ending is all it seems;)

G1z1

Visit site
I loved the new bond film, probably my favourite out of them all although the villain wasn’t that great in the new one.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm really not sure what people expect from films anymore

Bond for one was excellent. However put that aside for a min.

"Gadgets were sparce" from day one Craig's bond was more gritty and said less gadgets...

"Bond
A gun and a radio. It's not exactly Christmas, is it?"

"Q:
Were you expecting an exploding pen? We don't really go in for that anymore."

Then too long and throw backs . When was the last time we said goodbye to a bond actor?

Dalton was due a 3rd only for legal issues to stop it.. by time dust settled and studio got money again he was too old and we got Bronson

Did we know going into the awful die another die that it was his last?

We have gone into this film (after a huge delay due to covid) knowing it's bye to Craig

A fitting end. Well handled

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I have the opposite view. I’ve never particularly liked the older bond films, but this one was great. It was the first Bond film my lad watched and he loved it.
I could almost guess who wouldn’t like the latest one.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I'm with Bunkermagnet on this; No Time To Die was, for me, the worst of the Daniel Craig Bond films by a street, and Bunkermagnet's description has nailed it. Biggest waste of time in a cinema I have spent for a long while, and I say that as someone who thinks that Daniel Craig is the best Bond since Sean Connery.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm with Bunkermagnet on this; No Time To Die was, for me, the worst of the Daniel Craig Bond films by a street, and Bunkermagnet's description has nailed it. Biggest waste of time in a cinema I have spent for a long while, and I say that as someone who thinks that Daniel Craig is the best Bond since Sean Connery.

How can it be worse than quatiam of solace in which we set up something of nothing in a short film because of writer strikes?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Ok, head on the block time.
2001: A Space Odyssey.
Saw it as a kid when it first came out and it just confused me.
Watched it again a couple of years ago and it has not aged well. Unbelievably slow. Can't understand why it's so highly regarded.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I guess a usual suspect can't accept an opinion on "a" film without disecting it with a 5000 word essay.

I agree on Avatar as well, along with The Matrix 2 and 3.