Avengers - Endgame, warning spoilers

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And "Die Hard" ;) (great subtle line i thought re Christmas movies)

It had me laughing out loud throughout which showed how good the movie was at bringing through emotions.. I mean the seriousness of the story line to bring you out of that for a laugh out loud moment then back into the story is a credit to the actors and the directors

Hulk smash was a personal favourite

And most Thor moments

That’s America’s arse was pretty hilarious by ant man the little star struck hero 😂

Wolf

Visit site
I thought the hybrid was hilarious!

Your right Bucky would make a much better captain and be truer to the comics of old rather comics they wrote a few years ago to fit this in

Cap picked up the hammer in avenegers age of ultron was it but he didn’t wanna show off.. Thor clocked it hence “I knew you could!!!”

You mean back to the future is bullshit?! 😂
I liked that from Thor that it referenced right back to Ultron.

Loved the back to the future reference and all the ant man bits, but especially the bit in Thors shack "hey Thor this kid in the TV is really mean he called me a dick head again"😂

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I liked that from Thor that it referenced right back to Ultron.

Loved the back to the future reference and all the ant man bits, but especially the bit in Thors shack "hey Thor this kid in the TV is really mean he called me a dick head again"😂

Korg and Miek are great characters! Hope they pop up in future.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought the passing of the Shield was a bit of American symbolism for race issues in the country. A white Captain America passing to a black one. Maybe I am looking too deeply in to that but it is how I read it. A bit like the all female moment during the battle.

Do people think we will see the character again or was that just a symbolic passing over?

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
I thought the passing of the Shield was a bit of American symbolism for race issues in the country. A white Captain America passing to a black one. Maybe I am looking too deeply in to that but it is how I read it. A bit like the all female moment during the battle.

Do people think we will see the character again or was that just a symbolic passing over?

Who the falcon as cap? They have a tv show with him and Bucky coming out.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Spot on. They can market the hell out of it

We got black captain america in the comics in like 2014 so it’s only true to comics written in this time.. it was always Bucky who stood in for him..

Also race aside ofc falcon is a crap hero.. how could he be cap? He has zero powers .. he litterally will have his arse handed to him.. Bucky has the same chemicals in his veins so he could take a fight to anyone..

Falcon would be more like captain American in the first movie when he was a tv star not a fighter!

Without his wings he is literally just a guy

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Another thing bothers😬....with only 1 Pym Particle and no technology to turn it into a time travelling device Thanos brings himself, a gigantic ship and enormous invasion force into the past?🤔
The more I think about it, it was a leave your brain at home film, still enjoyed it but Infinity War was a much better film.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another thing bothers😬....with only 1 Pym Particle and no technology to turn it into a time travelling device Thanos brings himself, a gigantic ship and enormous invasion force into the past?🤔
The more I think about it, it was a leave your brain at home film, still enjoyed it but Infinity War was a much better film.

Just a point he brought the ship etc into the future not the past

Wasn’t it his spy who brought him into the future after she arrived?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Just a point he brought the ship etc into the future not the past

Wasn’t it his spy who brought him into the future after she arrived?

Your right about the 1st point...Time travel makes me confused!😄....(their explanation of time travel doesn’t hold up either but that’s complicated!)....I thought she just sent him the Pym?

Edit... even if she did bring him through surely she couldn’t bring the whole lot of em?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Your right about the 1st point...Time travel makes me confused!😄....(their explanation of time travel doesn’t hold up either but that’s complicated!)....I thought she just sent him the Pym?

Edit... even if she did bring him through surely she couldn’t bring the whole lot of em?

They were all in his huge ship which carries all his helpers

What I want to know is Tony clicked them all away but galmoria stayed.. she was his one so how does the click know

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Saw it last night! Enjoyed it, the storyline didn't go the way I expected, so happy about that.

I'm not a time travel fan, it creates too many issues. Modern Nebula killed old Nebula so surely modern Nebula should die at the same time? Capt America decides to stay in the past, does that not mean the last 12 years are messed up as he no longer becomes part of that history? It hurts my head.
Banner explained it, and so did the bald timestone lady a bit, basically in this film's logic you cannot change your own present by altering the past, it simply creates a different, fractured timeline I think. So different rules to Back to The Future, Red Dwarf, etc.

One of the big "Really??" moments for us was why was Thanos so strong without the Gauntlet on?? Thor, Hulk and Marvel should have been able to take him down. Was it just the movie makers wanting to give us a epic fight?
Thanos was already one of the strongest beings in the galaxy even before he got the gauntlet. Yeah if the entire lot of them ganged up on him at once they probably could have done him, but they just never seem to be that organised do they?

Great joke for Thor to be a couch slob but that was him done to offer any contribution in the Avengers biggest ever fight. Reduced from Immortal God of Thunder to a figure of fun comedic character. Serious flaw to fit in a one scene joke that left Thors Endgame a serious injustice

As already mentioned without the stones Thanos would be pumped silly by anyone of 3 or 4 Avengers. Hulk 'strongest' Avenger in particular but no, Hulk is reduced to a glorified Lab assistant, another injustice to the characters contribution to the series as he's neither DB or Hulk (& shrunk in size)
I don't get the love in with Iron man character letting him have the credit for killing Thanos (I guess I blinked and missed how the stones 'magically' moved from one gauntlet to the other)
Yeah Thor being fat was a funny gag but it did kind of ruin him a bit. In the last couple of films he pretty much because the most powerful Avenger (before Captain Marvel came along) and it's almost like they felt the need to tone him down again so he wouldn't be too dominant. I also didn't like the new Hulk/Banner hybrid at all, totally changing his character. He just seemed exactly like Kelsey Grammar's Beast from X-Men at that point. And I also didn't really 'get' Iron Man being the one who does the business. When Hulk did the click earlier, he was in excruciating pain but survived it, when Tony does it, it didn't seem to hurt him at all but then he doesn't survive. Seemed a bit inconsistent.

The only plot hole that bugs me is the first stone they got
The timestone
So they had a limited chance to do this as they had one shot each
Guys heads up you have a stone that controls time in your Possession I think you could use that somehow ...
I don't think they know how to use it to be honest. I think only Dr Strange can harness it properly, but he was one of the vanished so they couldn't call upon him. That's just my guess on it anyway.

The bit where Cap grabbed the hammer was awesome, everyone in our cinema whooped as well. :LOL:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Time travel still makes my head hurt, no matter how well people explain it :unsure::LOL:
Well, since it doesn't exist they can explain it however they like really. Each time it's used in a film or TV show they just invent their own logic for it and stay consistent to that. There is no explanation you can give for it that actually makes sense.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I agree. You have to stop looking too deeply into it, just sit back and enjoy it. It does become harder when that is the central plank to the film though, it is a bigger suspension of belief. Saying that, I am aware of the silliness of that statement when you look at the characters in the film. I can believe Ant-Man, Hulk, Thor etc but time travel is just wrong? :D

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone else think Ant-Mans' part in the film is too big?
I did notice he was a major character, but I don't think he featured much at all in the first part (Infinity War), so they redressed the balance a little bit. Same with Hawkeye as he barely featured in IW, but had a more major role here.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I like Ant Man, I like the humour so I'm okay with the bigger role. I suppose they had fewer characters to do different jobs, until the very end, so it makes sense that he would do a little more.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
They went bigger on humour in this film than I expected, and Ant-Man is obviously one of the light relief comedy characters since he's played by Paul Rudd. Plus I guess he was the only one who could bring in the time travel element.