Dream Horse

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I hope you don't mind me putting up a separate thread for this film, which was released in cinemas today. It stars Damian Lewis and Toni Colette.

The reason for the post is that its about the racehorse Dream Alliance and the people surrounding him. I was one of the syndicate of 23 who had a share in the horse and to have a (second) film released about his story is somewhat special. The first film was a documentary released in 2015 called Dark Horse: The Incredible True Story of Dream Alliance. The documenary won an award at the Sundance film festival.

The following is a link to an ITV news item that was aired last week and at the end of the clip those who know me will recognise the person giving the horse a pat as he gets back to the winning enclosure.

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2021...h-national-racehorse-dream-alliance-premieres

To answer the most frequent questions I am asked, no I am not played by anyone in the film as they could not portray all 23 of us and I have not received any money for the story. Also if you watch the film you will realise that its set in the Welsh Valleys and 19 of the syndicate are indeed Welsh. I was one of three Englishman in the syndicate and there was also a Scotsman.

The film will not win any awards for originality, but its a great feel good story and give it a shot if you are venturing back to your local cinema.