New drivers for 2024

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I tried the stealth’s back in the summer and no matter what head or shaft we tried I couldn’t get on with it
I've never hit any TM driver particularly well. Always come out a bit more slicey than others. Fitter even told me they are largely set up for people who want to fade it more - although don't know if he was just sugar-coating it for me, ha.

Vokey

Banned
Visit site
I'm currently using a Titleist 910D2 with an expensive aftermarket stiff Shaft. I have decided to treat myself to a new Driver and Putter this year.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bought a Ping G430 Max 10k a few weeks ago.
Its outstanding for forgiveness like most Ping drivers and ive gained some carry distance on the top tracer range
Watched a couple of reviews, this driver looks awesome, but it suits a specific user set from what I gather.
I definitely fall into the swing speed but I am not sure I would be utilising its abilities fully and would I be sacrificing something by having those benefits.

C&R

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The new ping and taylormade drivers are supposed to be very good but I will stick with my titleist Tsr2. It always seems the find a fairway

TigerBear

Visit site
My local Ping fitter has hit the G430 10k alongside the Max and he can't see a difference...
Q10 LS seems to be too LS for it's own good...even Rory's not using it...
AI Smoke seems a bit marmite..some love it, others are a bit Meh..
Mizuno ST230 Max is getting a bit of love.....
I was hoping to buy a new ping driver this year. Don't like the colour scheme/aesthetics of the G430 so was hoping for a refresh this season...enter G430 10k :rolleyes:

Looks like another season of my very tired G15 off the tee!

sjw

Visit site
I have never had a taylormade driver .. perhaps I should see if it’s worth it.. but I don’t really want to pay full price for something that has a shelf life of 12 months ..
Shelf life of 12 months? A TM driver will expire after 6 months and require a warranty claim

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Fast Fashion is like that. If you want the new colour or graphic on the bottom of the club that you will either have hidden in a head cover, or out of sight as you address the ball, then you should upgrade every six months for sure. For golf performance, the 10 year old one will play the same for you as the latest £500 new colourway.

D

Deleted member 35577

For golf performance, the 10 year old one will play the same for you as the latest £500 new colourway.
Oh dear.........looks like the £500 I've just spent that has gained me 20 yards and improved my flight/dispersion is a waste of time then.

Captain_Black.

Visit site
Another one to throw in the mix is the Wilson Dynapower.
They do it in a low spin carbon version & a more forgiving titanium version.
It gets great reviews & was a few yards longer than the Ping G430 10K

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Oh dear.........looks like the £500 I've just spent that has gained me 20 yards and improved my flight/dispersion is a waste of time then.
Replacing a driver that is 15-20 or more years old can give those types of improvement and is well worth doing.
But if any driver from recent years gave of itself 20 more yards, it would be non conforming.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watching a fitting on a guy with a swing speed of around 90-94mph. He is delivering the head nicely but strike is a bit over the face on some combinations. The real stand out was the Callaway AI smoke dropped his swing speed down to 90, he was then carrying only 210ish at best .. then he went back into the TSR3 searching for the middle of the face and still flying it out at 225 ish .. Just getting to the point where they are middling the head strike. So then it might give a bit more …
The TM Q thing was spinning up

D

Deleted member 35577

Replacing a driver that is 15-20 or more years old can give those types of improvement and is well worth doing.
But if any driver from recent years gave of itself 20 more yards, it would be non conforming.
Well you got that wrong. It replaced a 4 year old Titleist TS2.

Bucktaylor64

Medal Winner
Visit site
My local Ping fitter has hit the G430 10k alongside the Max and he can't see a difference...
Q10 LS seems to be too LS for it's own good...even Rory's not using it...
AI Smoke seems a bit marmite..some love it, others are a bit Meh..
Mizuno ST230 Max is getting a bit of love.....
10k Ping has lower spin.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Pal borrowed the QI10 Max from the pro this afternoon so naturally we all had a go with it.

I don't normally get on with taylormade drivers but that thing is an absolutely cheatstick!

I didn't think I was in the market for a new driver but after hitting 5 or 6 with the QI10 on course this afternoon I'm severely tempted.

Captain_Black.

Visit site
Anyone else just not loving all the manufacturers (nearly all) moving to carbon fibre construction with their drivers?
I get why they are doing it, but I am very wary of their durability, especially long term.