Iconic drivers of the last 25 years

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The SLDR Although allegedly ground breaking in the sense of moving weights. Was the biggest length of rammel I have ever swung.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Titleist 910.
The first Titleist driver that could be adjusted. I still have mine but after 12 years I replaced it with a TSR3. In all those years Titleist have never altered the adapter for the shaft. Not sure if other manufacturers have kept theirs the same.

Reactions: Val

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The first Titleist driver that could be adjusted. I still have mine but after 12 years I replaced it with a TSR3. In all those years Titleist have never altered the adapter for the shaft. Not sure if other manufacturers have kept theirs the same.

I loved the 910, upgraded (so I thought) to the 915 and hated it. Haven’t had another Titleist driver since. I still have a 910 4w and 4 hybrid in my shed. Might need a revisit of these.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I loved the 910, upgraded (so I thought) to the 915 and hated it. Haven’t had another Titleist driver since. I still have a 910 4w and 4 hybrid in my shed. Might need a revisit of these.
I’m still using a 910 three metal. Same age as my driver (12 years) but it will not leave my bag unless it breaks.

Reactions: Val

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’m still using a 910 three metal. Same age as my driver (12 years) but it will not leave my bag unless it breaks.

I put a 910 3 wood in my bag 2 years ago. Lovely shallow face and a mid high launch shaft.
Completely changed my 3 wood game.
I can confidently stand and bang it over trees now which I could never do with any of my old 3 woods.
It's not as hot of some of the new 3 woods about but for me it's playable. Use it off the tee and long approach shots with ease.

Armitage Shanks

Visit site
I am sure we all will have different views as to what is "iconic".

For me the Ping G5, G10, G15 etc were all versions of the same. So pick one only.
But I would pick the Ping Rapture, merely because they gave it a nice name.
For the same reason I would class the Cleveland Launcher 400 (2002) as iconic.

The only 21st century drivers I have owned are the TaylorMade R360 (2001), the 2007 Ping G10 and the 2004 Cobra F Speed. But I wouldn't class these as iconic.
The launcher was an absolute weapon! present in so many bags at the time and certainly makes the list! Great idea thanks

Klimski

Visit site
Callaway 454 - in my eyes still the prettiest oversize driver ever made. I'm gaming one now, in a weird 15 degree high launch spec.

sunshine

Visit site
As others have said, Titleist 910. A couple of years ago Adam Scott went back to it for a bit.

TM: R300 series was awesome, R500 series moved things forward a bit, M1 (massive game changer and their most successful club ever at the time).