Minimum golf?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It doesn't help that my preferred range is also 25 minutes away as the course and range are around the corner from each other, before I moved it was like 15 maybe?

Ah my course does have a range attached, unfortunately not walking distance from the club house as it's down the bottom of the drive but does have a par 3 attached which is good fun. I prefer using the clubs short game area to there tho it's less busy

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Ah my course does have a range attached, unfortunately not walking distance from the club house as it's down the bottom of the drive but does have a par 3 attached which is good fun. I prefer using the clubs short game area to there tho it's less busy
Something lacking at my place. We have a range and a practice bunker and we can use the bottom half of the putting green as a short game area but I would love to see a dedicated short game area with a purpose built green and bunkers. Sadly we are tight on space and the only feasible place would be by the garden of the large residence on the 10th hole and no way would we get any planning permission as a result. They are a former Lord Lieutenant of Berkshire so imagine they would pull strings with the Crown

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Something lacking at my place. We have a range and a practice bunker and we can use the bottom half of the putting green as a short game area but I would love to see a dedicated short game area with a purpose built green and bunkers. Sadly we are tight on space and the only feasible place would be by the garden of the large residence on the 10th hole and no way would we get any planning permission as a result. They are a former Lord Lieutenant of Berkshire so imagine they would pull strings with the Crown

Our short game area isn't all that, we used to have a bowls green. It was never used. Then after COVID they turned it into a short game area. I mean it's ok.. you have different areas to practice to about 5 flags but no bunkers etc

They finally got agreement to put up nets so can get in a full warm up now. The driving range used to be franchised out and the pro blocked nets as he thought people wouldn't go the range.. even tho you have to drive down the drive to it.. No1 was going there before a round as it was.

Once they took it back in house and put a driving range manager in instead they built nets