2023 Professional Golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They can all read and hit a putt. If any of those professionals played with you in your medal, you'd be impressed just how good they all are.

However, when we watch them it is all relative to each other. McIlroy is simply not one of the better putters on tour, whereas I guess someone like Scheffler is fantastic. If there is a difference of 2-3 putt difference per round between the very best and those not quite on it, that is a big gap over 4 rounds.

It is why marginal gains can make a huge difference. And why McIlroy MAY gain a bit of a boost if he had a caddie who could read the greens just a touch better than he can. I never think he is technically poor at putting, just doesn't quite hit the right lines.
Scheffler is far from fantastic.
he’s no 1 in the world in spite of his putting.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Great win for Ogletree up at Close House - looks like he'll be a shoe in on LIV next year - just a case of which team he ends up with. Took a lot of criticism for his opening performance on the event, but he's responded well both on The Asian Tour, and when he's stepped in to cover absences on the LIV series.

D

Deleted member 27823

Scheffler's just a machine tee to green and with his putter working today.... sheesh!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
That's a great back nine from Hovland, went to bed before it concluded as I had an early start today, but a great win for him. Is he giving Europe a glimmer of hope for the RC as well?

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
That's a great back nine from Hovland, went to bed before it concluded as I had an early start today, but a great win for him. Is he giving Europe a glimmer of hope for the RC as well?
He already was q core pillar of Europes 8 players at the level of the Americans.
RC hinges on the 4 minnows they have to pick. Recently, and yesterday, its Straka if anyone who has given Europe a glimmer. He could play 3 matches.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He can't win the Ryder Cup on his own! Of course he is comfortably our third best player already. It's the ones after the top 6 or 7 we're worried about.

D

Deleted member 27823

Brooks drops out of the automatic Ryder cup spots. Does he get picked?

Yes on form/ability but probably no on team cohesion etc. will be interesting to see which way they go

Status
Not open for further replies.