Oldest club champion 2024.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I once heard a person boasting about a nett 59, and wondering if anyone else had ever achieved that. Their handicap was in the 20's.

Not all responses were overly positive :)

But, I guess some will think a nett 59 is a great achievement for any golfer, whether than golfer play off a handicap of 0 or 40

I had a net 59 off 26h/c a good few years ago in our 1day 36 hole open lot of grumbles from visitors who thought I should have been cut for afternoon round.

We had our club championship last weekend I won net trophy , the real winner was lowest gross scorer.

Visit site
Our 2023 captain is off 14, he beat his age last year with a gross 73 for 46 points off the yellows 👏

I can’t see our club champs being won by an old boy this weekend with a +3 being the worst handicap in the final grouping 😭

wjemather

Visit site
There was a Junior Comp at our place on Sunday. Medal The winning score was 85-37-48. The lad has been cut to 10.4, a mere 27 shots cut!!

Expect he will be playing for The Gross score soon. Does not look right to me as the back 9 was 3 over.
I often had rounds like that (one ordinary 9, one exceptional 9) as a junior.

That was his first score for handicapping since getting his initial handicap (at another club) nearly 2 years ago.
Given his index calculation is only using that new score at the moment, the automatic exceptional scoring reduction (-2.0) that was applied is probably unnecessary.

IanMcC

Visit site
Our club always had a 36 hole gross champ run in one day. Last year there were 10 entries!

This year we had a combined Championship weekend. 18 Saturday and 18 Sunday, producing 2 champions.

I was fortunate enough to win the Handicap Championship with 67 & 69. (I'm 61 years old.)

The Scratch Club Championship was won by a 1 handicapper. 3 over if I remember correctly.

I (obviously) think that the weekend went well, but I think the low handicap lads want to return to 36 holes on the Saturday.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Our club always had a 36 hole gross champ run in one day. Last year there were 10 entries!

This year we had a combined Championship weekend. 18 Saturday and 18 Sunday, producing 2 champions.

I was fortunate enough to win the Handicap Championship with 67 & 69. (I'm 61 years old.)

The Scratch Club Championship was won by a 1 handicapper. 3 over if I remember correctly.

I (obviously) think that the weekend went well, but I think the low handicap lads want to return to 36 holes on the Saturday.
We use to have it on the same day over 36 holes but numbers started dwindling noticeably. Now have it over 2 days with a halfway cut and a digital scoreboard by the 18th and live scoring on the way round so it is an up to date board with things like projected cut, live leaders etc. Always fun on day 1 to see who is struggling and not going to be playing Sunday. Think there was close to 140 entries this year

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had a net 59 off 26h/c a good few years ago in our 1day 36 hole open lot of grumbles from visitors who thought I should have been cut for afternoon round.

We had our club championship last weekend I won net trophy , the real winner was lowest gross scorer.
5 years ago I had a net 58 off 13, won by 8 shots.

Looks very odd on my handicap record.

1718911989625.jpeg