2023 Professional Golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1147

Did it harm the Ryder Cup when Tom Weiskopf went big-game hunting instead of playing?

D

Deleted member 1147

The PGAT and ET they hate LIV so do not want their players to be involved, even though they are more then qualified.
The PGA of America and the PGA tour are 2 entirely different organisations
The PGA tour don't run or pick the RC team for the US.

As for the European Team, I doubt anyone is playing well enough to get in anyway. Is Westwood even good enough to be picked for the Team he Captains?

AussieKB

Visit site
The PGA of America and the PGA tour are 2 entirely different organisations
The PGA tour don't run or pick the RC team for the US.

As for the European Team, I doubt anyone is playing well enough to get in anyway. Is Westwood even good enough to be picked for the Team he Captains?
I agree that the ET would only pick one LIV player possibly, that is Sergio, Rham wants him and maybe one old stall wart would help the course.

The PGA Tour don't pick the team but Zach would have to answer to them.....Would the PGA want their Champion in the team ?

D

Deleted member 1147

I agree that the ET would only pick one LIV player possibly, that is Sergio, Rham wants him and maybe one old stall wart would help the course.

The PGA Tour don't pick the team but Zach would have to answer to them.....Would the PGA want their Champion in the team ?
I imagine the PGA of America would want their champion to play, yes. The PGA tour doesn't really have a champion. Except maybe The Players (and Scheffler is going).

CountLippe

Visit site
I get the impression that the guys who went to liv and kept quiet would be welcomed on their respective teams. Those who sued their respective tours and / or got involved in small time point scoring on social media less so.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
God, imagine if it was still USA v GB&I nowadays. I wouldn't rate our chances much at all!
Its stll a very British team though. Strides have been made to widen it more in Europe, and super players have been critical, but a likely scenario this year is Rose, Hatton, McIlroy, MacIntyre, Fitzpatrick, Lowry, Fleetwood. We are still more than half the team

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its stll a very British team though. Strides have been made to widen it more in Europe, and super players have been critical, but a likely scenario this year is Rose, Hatton, McIlroy, MacIntyre, Fitzpatrick, Lowry, Fleetwood. We are still more than half the team
But we'd lose two of our best three players. And how low would we have to look for the 12th man? A Ryder Cup with Aaron Rai and Dale Whitnell playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.