2023 Professional Golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
This was from last night, Rory on 18 ends up in the grass on the upslope.
Commentator tells all how he'll be much happier being there rather than being in the sand. Cue a shank into another bunker. Thanks commentator...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It feels as though Morikawa has not had a great season this year (all relative of course) but he could walk away with $18m on Sunday. Does that make it a good season or just a lucrative one?

This is a crazy event financially, disproportionately bonkers.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Scheffler poor yesterday but on fire again today, A1 mental game 😀
I’m not that keen on the starting line scoring, but a poor day yesterday for the big guns has made it interesting for tomorrow and Sunday.

On another note if Tyrell can keep his emotions in check for the Ryder Cup he will be hard to beat.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
It feels as though Morikawa has not had a great season this year (all relative of course) but he could walk away with $18m on Sunday. Does that make it a good season or just a lucrative one?

Absolutely true, the event is incredibly overhyped. But, looking at the leader board it is stacked with the world's best players (hardly surprising when only the world's best players get to play), but it is pretty impressive to see and probably validation for what the PGA Tour are trying to achieve.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Brilliant interview from Tyrell Hatton. Hennie starts by saying how disappointed he must have been with his finish. Tyrell, who is quite obviously, absolutely steaming manages to keep it polite while telling Hennie through gritted teeth just how it all transpired.

Despite having a head which was just about to explode he came across very eloquently. You have to love a bit of Tyrell.

BubbaP

Visit site
Brilliant interview from Tyrell Hatton. Hennie starts by saying how disappointed he must have been with his finish. Tyrell, who is quite obviously, absolutely steaming manages to keep it polite while telling Hennie through gritted teeth just how it all transpired.

Despite having a head which was just about to explode he came across very eloquently. You have to love a bit of Tyrell.
I had visions of his manager just out of sight gesturing, the way Tyrrell kept pausing to find the words

AussieKB

Visit site
Our coverage here in OZ is terrible, see a few shots and more putting then commercials, is this because of US TV ? what is the coverage like in UK ? I now record it so I can zoom thru the commercials, only problem is I know the result most times so do not watch.

Swango1980

Visit site
Our coverage here in OZ is terrible, see a few shots and more putting then commercials, is this because of US TV ? what is the coverage like in UK ? I now record it so I can zoom thru the commercials, only problem is I know the result most times so do not watch.
Coverage is fine in UK. I think they fill most of the US adverts by continuing coverage and having UK pundits take over the commentating role.

To be fair, that happens most weeks with PGA coverage, so I must say I am just assuming that happened last night as it becomes so normal I barely register it. But it certainly didn't seem to be going to adverts every 5 minutes, which I know the Americans can't get enough of

Swango1980

Visit site

If I win one event a year it is a great season. Not sure if Morikawa has the same philosophy.

I came second last week I got £63 and was delighted. So, I cam only imagine how I'd rate my season if I got a win and $18m

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looks like Victor Hovland has it in the bag barring an absolute melt down and other players going on a run.
He seems a cracking lad and a good laugh off the course as well.
If you are going to have a hot streak than have it during the most financially lucrative period of the year 😄. He looks as though he enjoys his golf, he isn't a robotic 'in the zone' golfer 😴. We need more Viktor's in the game 👍

BubbaP

Visit site
Up around St. Andrews, Chacarra & Jones had a 10 hole sudden death play off! Chacarra came out on top.

An English one-two out in Prague, well played Clements.

Status
Not open for further replies.