2023 Professional Golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Hovland's putt for par on the 14th spoke volumes about him. Miss that and Xander gets within two with everyone then waiting for the wheels to fall off. He was incredibly gutsy and probably knocked the stuffing out of Xander.

It was a fantastic display from both players and fair do's to Xander for making it so compelling.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Hovland seems like a breath of fresh air at the moment.
Just gets on with the job with a smile on his face.
There was no chance Xander was ever catching him to be fair, the course was playing to easy for these guys after the rain.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Theoretically a really good move in my eyes. However, given it says "invite" I wonder how many of them the top players will actually turn up to.

However, money talks so if the prize money is there then I'm sure they will be too.

I do wonder where this move leaves LIV though as surely this is exactly what they were aiming to be - the elite global tour?

Edit: reading it a little closer it basically sounds like the current elevated events plus 3 in Europe and 3 being held on the LIV tour. Which, given that LIV is a closed shop, begs the question as to how those events will work with regards to team elements and points, who misses out etc.

Barking_Mad

Visit site

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
The Ladies Irish Open went to a playoff....into the buggies and back to the 18th.
Anne Van Dam's driver didn't make it......

"Hello, yeh, could we have some sello tape down here on the 18th? This lady just broke her driver and she is in the playoff. Duct tape maybe, if you could find some quickly. Thanks. See you on the tee".

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Ladies Irish Open went to a playoff....into the buggies and back to the 18th.
Anne Van Dam's driver didn't make it......

If this happened to a male player their club provider would probably have an identical replacement out to them within 15 minutes. Is that the case in the women's game though? What happened next?

D

Deleted member 27823

If this happened to a male player their club provider would probably have an identical replacement out to them within 15 minutes. Is that the case in the women's game though? What happened next?
No replacement - she had to use 3w and lost the play off.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No replacement - she had to use 3w and lost the play off.
Damn, that is horrendous luck. Although it looked like she was partly to blame herself as she dropped the rope as they drove past. :ROFLMAO: Still, there must have been a better planned route that doesn't involve driving under the ropes!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
She teed off with her 3 wood, and lost the hole to an eagle.
Even in a men's event the tour trucks would probably have packed up for the day and I think there's only a short time to get a replacement. (Had a quick scan through the rules but couldn't find a time limit so guess it'll be, "doesn't slow down play" or similar)

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Damn, that is horrendous luck. Although it looked like she was partly to blame herself as she dropped the rope as they drove past. :ROFLMAO: Still, there must have been a better planned route that doesn't involve driving under the ropes!

She’s totally to blame, points right to the driver, I’m guessing to take a short cut under the ropes, then drops the rope on her driver 🤦🏻🤣
I haven’t had the audio on, is she then trying to blame the buggy driver?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
She’s totally to blame, points right to the driver, I’m guessing to take a short cut under the ropes, then drops the rope on her driver 🤦🏻🤣
I haven’t had the audio on, is she then trying to blame the buggy driver?
No idea, I've only watched it with sound off. It was certainly a blunder anyway.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What’s the ruling on getting a replacement driver? I assumed you can’t, unless it’s different when the club’s damaged accidentally as opposed to a player intentionally snapping it. Seen lots of players snap putters and have to finish the round putting with an iron/hybrid?

Status
Not open for further replies.