MyGolfSpy Ball Test 2023

Springveldt

Visit site
No, thats why they sell them in boxes of 3, effectively one round oer box. But like cars and quoted mpg, we all know its over-optimistic, and that you really will only get 5 holes from a ball rather than the claimed 6. If you lose them, well, thats extra of course.
Why do I have visions of you giggling like a little kid while typing out stuff like this thinking to yourself “this will really get them going”?

Last edited:

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Low speed driver swing.........longest to shortest..........you're 11.6 yards out.
Bigger gap at higher swing speeds...
View attachment 49379
I read, quite a while ago, that in order to get the maximum efficiency out of a TP5 you had to have tour player swing speed as this was what was required to be able to compress the inner (fifth) core. If you don't compress the inner core you may as well be looking for something a lot cheaper with which to achieve the same results.

Springveldt

Visit site
I read, quite a while ago, that in order to get the maximum efficiency out of a TP5 you had to have tour player swing speed as this was what was required to be able to compress the inner (fifth) core. If you don't compress the inner core you may as well be looking for something a lot cheaper with which to achieve the same results.
This test kinda puts that theory to bed.

Screen-Shot-2023-08-27-at-6.54.12-PM-600x119.png

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Fascinating reading. It confirms that I'm using the best ball for me if you believe all the numbers, etc.
I'm playing AVX, and find it more reliable with the driver, long enough with irons and enough stopping power to not go through a green (unless you're playing at Farnham!).
I have never been able to putt with a ProV1 and find they launch very high for me.
Horses for courses though.
That’s maybe just Farnham’s relatively small traditional greens as much as the balls ‘spinnage’, so a back flag really will be not too far from the back of the green 👍 And as far as you launching your putts very high… 🤣🫣

Springveldt

Visit site
TaylorMade are suffering badly on this test for people who want distance. Which is everyone if you believe the marketing.
Yeah, I was really surprised with the Tour Response in the mid and slow section as that is usually a low spin ball so goes miles. The version from a couple of years ago was the longest if I remember correctly. They must have changed something recently with the make up of the balls.

Really makes Rory’s driving even more impressive since he’s the longest on Tour playing a TM ball. Maybe he’s got the old version stamped to look like the new version?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
TaylorMade are suffering badly on this test for people who want distance. Which is everyone if you believe the marketing.
Well that’s certainly what the Titleist guy by the 1st at Hankley said to us. I didn’t want to argue as he was giving away balls - ProV1x for me thankyou very much 👍

Golfnut1957

Visit site
This test kinda puts that theory to bed.

Screen-Shot-2023-08-27-at-6.54.12-PM-600x119.png
I don't know. Maybe the robot at top speed couldn't compress the inner core. The truth is I posted that before reading the report, and now I have read it I'm not sure what to make of it other than TM seems to have dropped completely off the radar.
And as above, those results make Rory's performance even more impressive. Imagine how far he would hit it if he could compress the inner core ;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, I was really surprised with the Tour Response in the mid and slow section as that is usually a low spin ball so goes miles. The version from a couple of years ago was the longest if I remember correctly. They must have changed something recently with the make up of the balls.

Really makes Rory’s driving even more impressive since he’s the longest on Tour playing a TM ball. Maybe he’s got the old version stamped to look like the new version?
Yeah, when I was using the Tour Response it was after the 2021 test said it was quite long for the slow swingers. I think they've lowered the compression but lost distance as a result. Dunno what they've done with the TP5 at the same time. No wonder Rory was happy for the PGA to 'roll back the ball'. :ROFLMAO: You're probably right though, his version may be personalised and not the same as the one on the shelves.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well that’s certainly what the Titleist guy by the 1st at Hankley said to us. I didn’t want to argue as he was giving away balls - ProV1x for me thankyou very much 👍
He didn't mention that to me when I mentioned Tour Response, but I only really said that I prefer a softer premium ball and don't need much spin. Hence TourSpeed for me.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
He didn't mention that to me when I mentioned Tour Response, but I only really said that I prefer a softer premium ball and don't need much spin. Hence TourSpeed for me.
He offered me a couple of Tour Speeds as well as a couple of ProV1xs - but I’ve got plenty of Tour Speed pickups to try out, so I just took the offer of four V1xs 👍

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Titleist chap at H4H recommended me TourSpeed and TourSoft. Not keen on the Soft as £30 for a two-piece non-urethane ball seems a bit steep. It would be worth me giving the TourSpeeds a go though.
Just bumping this to say, I've tried the Titleist Tour Speeds for a few rounds (ran out of Bridgestones now and haven't bought any more) and I was surprised at how poor quality the cover is. A couple of them have cut up quite a lot despite only being used for a round or two. I expected better than that with Titleist. I don't get that problem with the Bridgestone RXS that I normally use.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Just bumping this to say, I've tried the Titleist Tour Speeds for a few rounds (ran out of Bridgestones now and haven't bought any more) and I was surprised at how poor quality the cover is. A couple of them have cut up quite a lot despite only being used for a round or two. I expected better than that with Titleist. I don't get that problem with the Bridgestone RXS that I normally use.
Did you buy them new? I've used them a lot and found them very durable.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I've been very impressed with the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS balls. Excellent longevity (when I'm not losing them in water and/or trees), great distance off the tee and decent around the greens.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lost my last Bridgestone RXS yesterday, and it's winter now so rather than buy anything new, I'll probably just start on the box of Titleist TrueFeels I won in the Greenkeepers Revenge scramble. 😆 Put the Bridgestones on the Christmas List.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Lost my last Bridgestone RXS yesterday, and it's winter now so rather than buy anything new, I'll probably just start on the box of Titleist TrueFeels I won in the Greenkeepers Revenge scramble. 😆 Put the Bridgestones on the Christmas List.

I really like the Titleist True feel ball.