Rory's Coming Home?

Golfnut1957

Visit site
According to an article in the Telegraph, Rory is moving to England soon. He and his wife love London, and he has joined Queenwood. They'll be here before Poppy has to start school.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/golf/2023/11/14/rory-mcilroy-move-uk-london-pga-tour-dp-world-tour/

The article is behind a paywall.

I wonder what his schedule is going to be like once he has upped sticks.

Plus, I don't know if it has been mentioned at all on here (Professional Golf thread?), I haven't seen it, but he has also resigned his position on the PGA Tour Board.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
It would be nice to see more of him on the DP World Tour but I suspect the PGA Tour will still remain his primary focus.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
It would be nice to see more of him on the DP World Tour but I suspect the PGA Tour will still remain his primary focus.
Pure speculation, but he should know as much as most about the future of professional golf, the speculation being maybe he won't have to be based in the US or play the PGA Tour full time in order to fill a yearly schedule.

Red devil

Visit site
According to an article in the Telegraph, Rory is moving to England soon. He and his wife love London, and he has joined Queenwood. They'll be here before Poppy has to start school.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/golf/2023/11/14/rory-mcilroy-move-uk-london-pga-tour-dp-world-tour/

The article is behind a paywall.

I wonder what his schedule is going to be like once he has upped sticks.

Plus, I don't know if it has been mentioned at all on here (Professional Golf thread?), I haven't seen it, but he has also resigned his position on the PGA Tour Board.
Wonder if he paid a joining fee? 🙂

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
My opinion of him has just dropped off a cliff.
London is a vile place.
I am always careful when talking about a place that don’t tick all my boxes. I loved my Fri-Sunday in London last weekend. But overall I found it a sole less place to stay. That said, and I could be wrong, but I don’t think Rory will be staying in Aldgate Travelodge. If he does he needs to take his own shower gel coz there’s is rammel.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I am always careful when talking about a place that don’t tick all my boxes. I loved my Fri-Sunday in London last weekend. But overall I found it a sole less place to stay. That said, and I could be wrong, but I don’t think Rory will be staying in Aldgate Travelodge. If he does he needs to take his own shower gel coz there’s is rammel.

I know the grammar police are rightly despised on the forum and I hope me man doesn't take offence, but that's the best Tashism I've seen.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Lol - I stayed there once - all I remember is the endless noise of trains braking on squeaky rails all night!

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Surely the question is why?

From the areas he lives in the states… why the fork would you come back to this hole!
That's the question. I've seen photos of his house, it's pretty amazing, close to a Florida beach with Florida weather and as the article states he's been there five years now so you would imagine he is settled.

However, if you gave me all the money in the world I'm not moving to Florida nor America. There's more to life than nice weather (says the bloke whose course has been closed all week).

sunshine

Visit site
Nice Florida weather and luxury lifestyle ✅
Dealing with Americans every day ❌
Listening to your child grow up with an American accent and learn to talk waffle ❌❌

I can see why Rory would want to live in the UK. He’s got enough money to jet off anywhere in the world whenever he needs a break from the British weather

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I know the grammar police are rightly despised on the forum and I hope me man doesn't take offence, but that's the best Tashism I've seen.
As soon as I saw it I thought I cannot be rrrrsd to change it 😁👍

D

Deleted member 25172

There is a big house being built next to the 18th tee at Wentworth with a lot of speculation who is the new owner.
No clue if any truth to it, but have been told numerous times over the last few months that Harry Kane is building a house next to Wentworth. I thought it was just something that had been picked up from media, but guess just speculation then.