Individuality in professional golf

MartynB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Did I read somewhere (maybe on ‘that’ thread) that Reed doesn’t have an equipment deal due to his past ‘issues’?

Cant see that being the reason and would expect manufacturers to be beating a path to his door over the last two weeks.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Did I read somewhere (maybe on ‘that’ thread) that Reed doesn’t have an equipment deal due to his past ‘issues’?

Cant see that being the reason and would expect manufacturers to be beating a path to his door over the last two weeks.

I didn't read that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were true; manufacturers sign players to sell clubs, after the reaction on the first tee to Reed would you crush to sign him?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Shafts are available to all. They are out there. Driver heads are pretty fixed, due to rules. It cannot be hard to make a pro a driver.
A fairway is what it is. Irons are chunks of metal, wedges more so. If a player wants a particular grind, bingo, grind it.
Putters, wow, it really cant be hard to find one from a particular manufacturer that you like. Flip it, they can make one for you.
Balls? Really? Has it come down to lumps of rubber?

Sorry, modern pro contracts should add up to a set of clubs the guy can play with. Back in the pre trackman days, may be not. But now? Cant see a problem.