2023 Professional Golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 15344

I can’t believe Mr Twitter himself is now questioning a Twitter link, couldn’t make it up 🤣🤣🤣

I can’t believe you have once again added nothing to a thread but to snip at posters - becoming a regular occurence 🙄

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
What's the video being talked about here?

The video I was talking about was actually this one, which is a bit more detailed than the tweet Phil has posted. I've started it from the time the guy is dialling the Rules department at the USGA, prior to that he's just called the general helpline who have given him this number to call..

If the fella has staged it with a mate to try and make Rory look bad, he's gone to some length in order to do so.....

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
The video I was talking about was actually this one, which is a bit more detailed than the tweet Phil has posted. I've started it from the time the guy is dialling the Rules department at the USGA, prior to that he's just called the general helpline who have given him this number to call..

If the fella has staged it with a mate to try and make Rory look bad, he's gone to some length in order to do so.....

There's an article on the GM main page now, it's basically blaming the female rules official, I mean really dropping her in it :ROFLMAO: I'm pretty certain had it been Reed the knives would have been out blaming him for coercing the official. It's funny how two different golfers, one seen as a saint, the other as a sinner get drastically different coverage.

Swango1980

Visit site
Let us get this straight. The issue is that the reference point was from behind ball, but referee allowed it from edge of bunker? One club length relief from either spot would have resulted in drop in exact same spot. Therefore, the player had no advantage either way, and had no reason to pressure anyone into falsely allowing the incorrect reference point.

Are some people really that desperate to throw mud at McIlroy!? It is actually quite amusing that some feel the need to go to that sort of effort.

Also interesting that some feel the need to highlight the gender of the rules official. As if being a female has made her more of a target than had it been a male? I'm pretty sure she is as well respected as any rules official, thus why she got the job in first place.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
There's an article on the GM main page now, it's basically blaming the female rules official, I mean really dropping her in it :ROFLMAO: I'm pretty certain had it been Reed the knives would have been out blaming him for coercing the official. It's funny how two different golfers, one seen as a saint, the other as a sinner get drastically different coverage.
I can’t for the life of me think why 🤷🏼‍♂️

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Well we’ve gone from “can’t believe you’ve fallen for some made up story on the internet” to “The story actually has some validity now, but let’s question people’s integrity with mild accusations of sexual discrimination”

I love this forum. :ROFLMAO:

Swango1980

Visit site
Well we’ve gone from “can’t believe you’ve fallen for some made up story on the internet” to “The story actually has some validity now, but let’s question people’s integrity with mild accusations of sexual discrimination”

I love this forum. :ROFLMAO:
Actually, I think you are confusing the individual point of view of multiple posters as the mind of a single entity :)

Swango1980

Visit site
No I’m not, although ‘Rory Mcilroy
fanboys fanpeople’ could I guess be described as a single minded entity
Not at all.

It seems that the people that initially bring McIlroy's name into the conversation are often people like you. People that like to tarnish his reputation by using some absurd arguments (although, as you've already admitted being a troll on another thread, it is not suprising). You then get the reaction you desire, by having others who are able to use more than half a brain cell to counter your silly argument. They may be huge fans of McIlroy, or they may not be overly bothered either way. You then call them fan-boys, yet it was people like you that made him the subject of the discussion in the first place.

I guess people may be fans of McIlroy or not, just like they may be fans of other golfers. Although it is you that seems to have an unhealthy obsession with him :)

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Not at all.

It seems that the people that initially bring McIlroy's name into the conversation are often people like you. People that like to tarnish his reputation by using some absurd arguments (although, as you've already admitted being a troll on another thread, it is not suprising). You then get the reaction you desire, by having others who are able to use more than half a brain cell to counter your silly argument. They may be huge fans of McIlroy, or they may not be overly bothered either way. You then call them fan-boys, yet it was people like you that made him the subject of the discussion in the first place.

I guess people may be fans of McIlroy or not, just like they may be fans of other golfers. Although it is you that seems to have an unhealthy obsession with him :)
You’d get a lot more kudos by saying ‘Rory got away with one’ which he did, no different to lots of other situations, with lots of other golfers. Some get chastised for it, some don’t.. That’s the topic, it’s not a personal attack on Rory..

The ‘half a brain cell’ language does you no favours.

The story was scoffed at here on Monday, yet yesterday every reputable golf media outlet had reported it.

So in summary, it was a worthwhile discussion point.

Swango1980

Visit site
You’d get a lot more kudos by saying ‘Rory got away with one’ which he did, no different to lots of other situations, with lots of other golfers. Some get chastised for it, some don’t.. That’s the topic, it’s not a personal attack on Rory..

The ‘half a brain cell’ language does you no favours.

The story was scoffed at here on Monday, yet yesterday every reputable golf media outlet had reported it.

So in summary, it was a worthwhile discussion point.
But, did you not read my original comment on the matter, or just cherry picked the words you wanted as usual?

What did he get away with, when apparently the ball was dropped in the same place it would have been dropped from the "correct" reference point? I read the article on it, and the position the ball was dropped would have been no different.

Of course, had he been able to drop on the fairway, whereas in actual fact he should have dropped in deep rough, then he would have got away with one due to being given an incorrect ruling. But, ultimately, that does not appear to be what happened at all.

D

Deleted member 1147

I see Westwood and Poulter are missing Open qualifying. Do they “know something” like they supposedly did before the US Open, or do they just realise they ain’t good enough any more?

D

Deleted member 15344

I see Westwood and Poulter are missing Open qualifying. Do they “know something” like they supposedly did before the US Open, or do they just realise they ain’t good enough any more?

Suspect it’s the second

Westwood is prob still in a sulk about not being able to play in the Seniors and his declaration of never playing on the ET again ( guess he retires soon then )

And it’s too much hard work for Poulter now and I suspect he prob wouldn’t qualify anyway

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

They’re trying to make it easier for Rory to win that elusive major that he would have won - if he hadn’t been so unlucky with those putts for the last ten years ;-)

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
They’re trying to make it easier for Rory to win that elusive major that he would have won - if he hadn’t been so unlucky with those putts for the last ten years ;-)
Loooooooooooool.

How many majors have Poulter and Westwood won between them? 😂

Best not mention putting when talking about Westwood either 🤣

Have another 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.