2023 Professional Golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 15344

Speaking your mind is one thing but Rory speaks his mind constantly and it's always a whine. He just comes across as a whiner really. He whines about everything. Rarely does he 'speak his mind' with anything positive.

What is he “whining” about ? As opposed to being asked his opinion in interviews and press conferences ?

There is no doubt that Rory will say lots of positive stuff about golf etc but they don’t create headlines

Rory is asked about LIV - he gives his honest opinion about , that’s better than someone down the middle of the road.

And golf courses ? He is “whining” again - it’s his opinion on the course

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Interesting that you think Scheffler is no longer good enough, as the weekend has just proven it for you.

Well he wasn’t was he?

When Rory wind an event, he’ll have okayed well enough to warrant it.

Last week all his fans on here were telling us he was unlucky cos his putts wouldn’t go in - as far as I’m aware, if you hit them on the right line, at the right pace, that generally helps. This week his excuse is the golf course is too easy..

Rory is good enough to contend, but he doesn’t win enough tournaments anymore, especially when you factor in his record earlier in his career.

As I say, all the PGAT events are depleted by the abscence of LIV players, which should help Mcilroy, but it doesn’t appear to be the case at the moment.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Well he wasn’t was he?

Last week all his fans on here were telling us he was unlucky cos his putts wouldn’t go in - as far as I’m aware, if you hit them on the right line, at the right pace, that generally helps. This week his excuse is the golf course is too easy..

Rory is good enough to contend, but he doesn’t win enough tournaments anymore, especially when you factor in his record earlier in his career.

As I say, all the PGAT events are depleted by the abscence of LIV players, which should help Mcilroy, but it doesn’t appear to be the case at the moment.
Rory didn’t seem to have any problems beating all of the LiV players at the last event they played together. Shame so many of them aren’t good enough to compete with him anymore 🤷🏼‍♂️

Swango1980

Visit site
Well he wasn’t was he?

Again, it is remarkable how people like you interpret things completely and utterly out of context. His excuse was that the course was too easy!? Where on earth did he say he didn't win because the course was too easy?

In relation to how he actually played, he said:

"I got off to a hot start, which was nice and what I felt like I needed. Then, yeah, hit a drive on nine that I didn't think was that bad. Ended up against the boundary fence and made a bogey there, which halted the momentum that I had. Bounced back well with a birdie on 11, but then missed a chance on 12. Birdied 13 and then just couldn't get anything to drop over those last few holes. I knew I was never going to win with the way Keegan [Bradley] was playing, but I felt like I probably needed a couple more birdies"

At no point in his assessment did he say, or even indicate that he didn't win because the course was too easy.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well he wasn’t was he?

He won 3 times last season

Twice the season before

Didn’t win in 2020

5 times in 2019

And has won once this season so far

Is there there any “serial” winners on tour now ?

The statement of “not being good enough to win” - it’s a bit of nonsense

When did Rory say the reason he didn’t win was the course was too short ?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Seems the media forum is obsessed with McIlroy 😅😁
Back to the actual winner...
Love watching Keegan Bradley
To be honest I've always found him a bit of a tough watch.
Seems a decent family man though, and appeared really made up to win. Guess it was the same $ as Clark won the previous week. To go from missing cut to winning in consecutive weeks can't be that common.

I did have a flashback though, 5 or so years ago I picked up that spinning club habit when addressing the ball. Pretty much moved away from it thankfully.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Rory fan boys really are a precious bunch 😬

He's got away lightly this weekend tbh. There was a guy who rang the USGA up last week to query his controversial drop from the weekend before at the US Open, and they (USGA) confirmed it was an incorrect drop..

If Patrick Reed had got away with that, we'd have had about 7 pages about it ;-)

D

Deleted member 15344

He's got away lightly this weekend tbh. There was a guy who rang the USGA up last week to query his controversial drop from the weekend before at the US Open, and they (USGA) confirmed it was an incorrect drop..

If Patrick Reed had got away with that, we'd have had about 7 pages about it ;-)

😂😂😂

Let me guess - you actually believe that video that someone has phoned up the USGA and that they answered quickly and also answered quickly

And what a shock the video is being spread by LIV bots

It’s pathetic enough seeing it on Twitter but then not surprising that you get sucked in by it

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
😂😂😂

Let me guess - you actually believe that video that someone has phoned up the USGA and that they answered quickly and also answered quickly

And what a shock the video is being spread by LIV bots

It’s pathetic enough seeing it on Twitter but then not surprising that you get sucked in by it

Not surprising that you'd defend it either Phil, have the USGA confirmed that it was a fake call and asked for the video to be taken down then, cos if they have, I've missed it....

Anyway, it was pretty obvious at the time that it was a questionable drop, and as I say, if that's a certain other player the media would have gone to town on it.

D

Deleted member 15344

Not surprising that you'd defend it either Phil, have the USGA confirmed that it was a fake call and asked for the video to be taken down then, cos if they have, I've missed it....

Anyway, it was pretty obvious at the time that it was a questionable drop, and as I say, if that's a certain other player the media would have gone to town on it.

Why would they bother ? Do you really think the USGA are monitoring Twitter for fake videos 🤦‍♂️ - has there been anything “official” from the USGA ? Was there anything to authenticate the person on the phone - guess what - there wasn’t

The drop was given by the referee at the time , why do you think McIlroy called him over

The only people that are even talking about it are LIV bots - if it was “pretty obvious” why was there nothing discussed about it

It’s clearly trying to discredit Rory because of his standing against LIV and shrills like you both repost it and then announce it on other areas

You wanted to know exactly why LIV is toxic and the issues it’s caused , there is another example for you , a great US Open , brilliant victory for Clarke and the LIV Bots are just looking for ways to discredit golfers not on their tour and McIlroy is the big fish.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Why would they bother ? Do you really think the USGA are monitoring Twitter for fake videos 🤦‍♂️ - has there been anything “official” from the USGA ? Was there anything to authenticate the person on the phone - guess what - there wasn’t

The drop was given by the referee at the time , why do you think McIlroy called him over

The only people that are even talking about it are LIV bots - if it was “pretty obvious” why was there nothing discussed about it

It’s clearly trying to discredit Rory because of his standing against LIV and shrills like you both repost it and then announce it on other areas

You wanted to know exactly why LIV is toxic and the issues it’s caused , there is another example for you , a great US Open , brilliant victory for Clarke and the LIV Bots are just looking for ways to discredit golfers not on their tour and McIlroy is the big fish.

If it's a fake video, do you not think the USGA would have been made aware of it now and asked for it to be taken down.

On the second point - a referee gave Reed a drop in Dubai - we had everybody and their dog on Reeds back about it, in similair circumstances (Rory got away with another one there as well btw, but yet again, it wasn't up for discussion)

D

Deleted member 15344

If it's a fake video, do you not think the USGA would have been made aware of it now and asked for it to be taken down.

On the second point - a referee gave Reed a drop in Dubai - we had everybody and their dog on Reeds back about it, in similair circumstances (Rory got away with another one there as well btw, but yet again, it wasn't up for discussion)

Any clarification from the USGA themselves ? From any named source. Nope just from a social media account that is very much Pro LIV and appears to have a grudge against Rory - it’s almost like it’s you ? Maybe it’s a mould that LIV supporters fit into

There has been nothing “official” from the USGA.

And Reed has a reputation of cheating that’s followed him around his whole career and has included penalties whilst playing - to even try and compare the two is laughable

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Any clarification from the USGA themselves ? From any named source. Nope just from a social media account that is very much Pro LIV and appears to have a grudge against Rory - it’s almost like it’s you ? Maybe it’s a mould that LIV supporters fit into

There has been nothing “official” from the USGA.

And Reed has a reputation of cheating that’s followed him around his whole career and has included penalties whilst playing - to even try and compare the two is laughable

No grudge with Rory here mate. I just don’t think he’s as good, or as golden, as lots of people, both fans and in the media, like to make out.

Status
Not open for further replies.