2023 Professional Golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1147

I was reading about golf’s biggest choker earlier. 28 times he came 2nd or 3rd in The majors 😱

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Rory bemoaning the course set up at the Travellers - I wonder if he's had a nudge from Mike Wahn to push the rollback agenda? . Be interesting to see how Valderamma plays this week - decent crowds expected as well.

D

Deleted member 18121

Rory bemoaning the course set up at the Travellers - I wonder if he's had a nudge from Mike Wahn to push the rollback agenda? . Be interesting to see how Valderamma plays this week - decent crowds expected as well.

I was just reading his comments on the course, I didn't think it was possible but my dislike grows for the fella every week.

"You can grow the rough up and hope you get some firm conditions so it gets tricky. I think the blueprint for a really good golf course isn't growing the rough up and making the fairways tight. That bunches everyone together."..................."The blueprint is something like Los Angeles Country Club, where you have wide targets, but if you miss it's penal. This isn't that sort of golf course. It's not that sort of layout. It doesn't have the land to do that.

So basically he only wants to play courses that play specifically to his skillset of hitting massive drives that can be a bit wayward.

Swango1980

Visit site
I was just reading his comments on the course, I didn't think it was possible but my dislike grows for the fella every week.

"You can grow the rough up and hope you get some firm conditions so it gets tricky. I think the blueprint for a really good golf course isn't growing the rough up and making the fairways tight. That bunches everyone together."..................."The blueprint is something like Los Angeles Country Club, where you have wide targets, but if you miss it's penal. This isn't that sort of golf course. It's not that sort of layout. It doesn't have the land to do that.

So basically he only wants to play courses that play specifically to his skillset of hitting massive drives that can be a bit wayward.
"But if you miss, it's penal" . I think you willfully ignored that part of his assessment when making your final conclusion.

I guess people just love to give their dislike of someone legitimacy at any chance, by happily adding 2+2 to get 5 :)

D

Deleted member 15344

Is it worth putting the whole quote up ?

"I don't particularly like when a tournament is like this," McIlroy said. "Unfortunately, technology has passed this course by, right? It sort of has made it obsolete, especially as soft as it has been with a little bit of rain that we had.

"Again, like the conversations going back to, you know, limiting the golf ball and stuff like that, when we come to courses like this they just don't present the challenge that they used to.

"You can grow the rough up and hope you get some firm conditions so it gets tricky. I think the blueprint for a really good golf course isn't growing the rough up and making the fairways tight. That bunches everyone together.

"The blueprint is something like Los Angeles Country Club, where you have wide targets, but if you miss it's penal. This isn't that sort of golf course. It's not that sort of layout. It doesn't have the land to do that.

"Unfortunately when you get soft conditions like this and you've got the best players in the world, this is what's going to happen."

It all seems fair enough , LACC was a test , in some areas in was wide but if you miss it was penal , it was set up to ensure the player hitting the ball well from the fairway was the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.