YouTubers.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Why would referring to anyone’s size, whether accurate or not, be ok? Disgraceful. And if she has been affected by it as a result and felt she’s had to lose weight, then that’s really sad.

People also comment on RS’s weight gain, people are so cruel. Just no need for it and I’d have thought we’d be beyond that nowadays.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I hadn't seen any of Hannah's videos so had a look. I don't see any issue and thought she was quite good. I couldn't see why anyone would even consider commenting on weight or any other issue. People just being cruel for the sake of it in my eyes and sad it got to a point she had to consider weight loss

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Rich Shiels is getting older and his game shows it.
That doesn't mean that he can't be a good content creator.

It only means that he should stop acting surprised
and should definitely filter out that horrific fake laugh
when he hits a real clunker of a shot.

I saw him play a scramble with Charley Hull recently
and except for a couple of drives,
they hardly ever used his ball.
She's clearly a better player, young woman or not.

He should make his podcast more fun oriented like Crow's.
I don't find him unlikable, though.
He is a golf pro if not a professional touring golfer,
and does have good content to offer.

I also find his friend Guy amusing.

Burnsey

Visit site
Why would referring to anyone’s size, whether accurate or not, be ok? Disgraceful. And if she has been affected by it as a result and felt she’s had to lose weight, then that’s really sad.

People also comment on RS’s weight gain, people are so cruel. Just no need for it and I’d have thought we’d be beyond that nowadays.
I hadn't seen any of Hannah's videos so had a look. I don't see any issue and thought she was quite good. I couldn't see why anyone would even consider commenting on weight or any other issue. People just being cruel for the sake of it in my eyes and sad it got to a point she had to consider weight loss

I enjoy her content and she has worked on herself and her instagram quite frequently shows off what effect it's had, so I am pleased for her she is chuffed, but certainly some comments I read on YT were perhaps the catalyst for it.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Rich Shiels is getting older and his game shows it............

.................I also find his friend Guy amusing.

Hmm, agree to differ on that point (although you hail from the nation entranced by a plastic bag blowing in the wind, so Guy probably is quite amusing on that scale ;))

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I enjoy her content and she has worked on herself and her instagram quite frequently shows off what effect it's had, so I am pleased for her she is chuffed, but certainly some comments I read on YT were perhaps the catalyst for it.
Probably but don't forget haters will always hate. Perhaps there is some resentment in the fact that she is a very accomplished golfer and making the most of her ability providing some great content and working in the golf industry for National Club Golfer

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Went on to YouTube earlier to find a COD video and someone’s swing video pops up on my feed. Watch it and it turns out to be Orikoru 👀
“That one went a bit left” 🤣
TrueGameData started a channel about playing golf last year, so there might be a connection :cool:

4LEX

Visit site

If someone is using the 'professional golfer' tag, they're setting themselves to be judged. They put themselves in the window via YouTube. Rick and Pete would be much better golfers if they shed a few stone, it's not disgraceful to point that out, it's a fact.

This isn't related to Hannah, who isn't a professional.

In terms of balance and back onto the topic, Pete was really unlucky to miss out on the Creators Tournament at East Lake. Shot level and missed some good birdie chances. Sad to see Rick bottled taking part :rolleyes:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If someone is using the 'professional golfer' tag, they're setting themselves to be judged. They put themselves in the window via YouTube. Rick and Pete would be much better golfers if they shed a few stone, it's not disgraceful to point that out, it's a fact.

In terms of balance and back onto the topic, Pete was really unlucky to miss out on the Creators Tournament at East Lake. Shot level and missed some good birdie chances. Sad to see Rick bottled taking part :rolleyes:
I don't know if you were joking and you know this really, but just in case not - he said on his podcast that they didn't actually invite him to it! Seems very strange that they wouldn't. I wonder if they just thought he wasn't as good as the other people they did invite and would have been just making up the numbers??

Burnsey

Visit site

Is it a proven fact every professional golfer would play better golf if they were at their 'perfect weight'?

Not sure.

Why point out someone is overweight though? Commenting with context is fair, being intentionally hurtful isn't - those posting are just pillocks to be fair and the internet is full of them.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site

The comments weren’t constructive criticism or trying to help, it was people being spiteful.