YouTubers.

Charlatan30

Visit site
Yes - they were talking about the Legends Tour I think, who had a huge increase of subscribers despite nobody actually watching their videos. Honestly, I don't think they would have called them out if they were guilty of the same thing, that would be incredibly dumb.
Thats a good point but would they know? Surely they don't keep track of each subscriber....?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
There was a website Guy was looking at that tracks numbers of subscribers and views over time. I forget what it was called but he said it's free access to anyone.

My guess is that this could be quite common though. Not many people bother to unsubscribe to channels and so you have a whole load of people who may stop watching for every new subscriber. I think I still subscribe but it has probably been over a year since I last watched anything.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My guess is that this could be quite common though. Not many people bother to unsubscribe to channels and so you have a whole load of people who may stop watching for every new subscriber. I think I still subscribe but it has probably been over a year since I last watched anything.
But YouTubers are always going on about the fact that half their viewers don't actually subscribe, so it's swings and roundabouts.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not heard of him before, but watching the first on his own channel now.

I see he was previously on the Taco channel before that, so might look at that later.

https://www.youtube.com/@tacogolf/videos

Wow - I'll have to watch more now - I had to recheck, but in the last few seconds of the video (27:53) some music comes in, and it is Roundabout by Yes!

Sam and Taco together are pure gold.

Bucktaylor64

Medal Winner
Visit site
I tried watching but couldn't get into it - maybe would have liked a little more on screen graphics as who was who - I'm not really into a lot of the American Golf you Tubers. It seems to have been really well received though, judging by the comments I've seen on social media this morning.
I didn’t like the format tbh.

hambugerpete

Visit site
I tried watching but couldn't get into it - maybe would have liked a little more on screen graphics as who was who - I'm not really into a lot of the American Golf you Tubers. It seems to have been really well received though, judging by the comments I've seen on social media this morning.
Same, although it was also getting late asell. Id like to have seen a shot clock or something as I can watch golfers taking an age over a psr on the pga tour every week. I've no massive desire to watch mediocre in comparison golfers do the same.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I actually enjoyed watching all the you -tubers I normally watch,actually it’s was more pleasing than watching the pga tour.
One thing I couldn’t help noticing was the 16 year old girl having 11 practice swings for a chip.
I could actually turn away if I was playing with her.

4LEX

Visit site
He is doing a lot right, but his business is producing content and that content wasn't very good at all, so was taken down.

I watched it and thought it was very odd.

His video's are rewarded financially by views and comments, so no YouTuber can expect them to always be positive - par for the course you could say.

Exactly, he's up there as #1 and is as open to criticism as anyone.

4LEX

Visit site
He isn't fair game for abuse though.

Who's been abusing him?

Rick is a top man that's worked hard to enjoy his success, he might be slighted deluded about his golf ability but overall he's huge success story and made millions from YT.

It's just a shame he's not producing the content he was and seems to be coasting. He needs to do more matches v Peter Finch, get the band back together (Finch, Fryer and Carter) plus use more of James Robinson.

Less is more. He just needs to focus on quality over quantity IMO.

Burnsey

Visit site
He isn't fair game for abuse though.

No one really saw the comments, as it was pulled down quickly, but wouldn't expect they were abusive, perhaps more negative, which is fair game.

I like watching Hannah Holden - a young girl and reasonable golfer. Half her comments refer to her outfits and figure, to the extreme of calling her out as 'big' - that's abuse. She's worked on fitness and is doing well. No doubt part fuelled by said abuse.

I would say in this video, it was more RS abusing the fitting process...

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
No one really saw the comments, as it was pulled down quickly, but wouldn't expect they were abusive, perhaps more negative, which is fair game.

I like watching Hannah Holden - a young girl and reasonable golfer. Half her comments refer to her outfits and figure, to the extreme of calling her out as 'big' - that's abuse. She's worked on fitness and is doing well. No doubt part fuelled by said abuse.

I would say in this video, it was more RS abusing the fitting process...

Never seen Hannah, so I have no idea whether she's 'big' or not.
Isn't calling someone 'big' either innacurate or accurate, depending on their size, rather than abuse?
I'm often called bald, which I am, that's a statement of fact, but I can't tell someone that they're fat, another statement of fact, because that's deemed as abuse.
Where are the lines drawn?

Burnsey

Visit site
Isn't calling someone 'big' either innacurate or accurate, depending on their size, rather than abuse?
I'm often called bald, which I am, that's a statement of fact, but I can't tell someone that they're fat, another statement of fact, because that's deemed as abuse.

I was being polite using the term 'big' - some comments attacked her weight/size in various guises - my comment referred to abuse on YouTube and she was being abused on YouTube.

I would judge myself as aware enough to establish what abuse is.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think the point is she's a good golfer talking about golf. To comment on that and call her big or fat is completely unnecessary and irrelevant. That's why it's abuse.

Calling Shiels a crap golfer though is borderline I'd say - fairly abusive but at least it's relevant to the content. :LOL: