Youtube golf channels

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Talking of Youtube golf channels - I don't know if anyone has come across this - Robin Matthew Williams - channel yet but he's the worst thing I've seen in golf media/youtube for a long time. Doesn't seem to say anything of any worth and covers over that fact with constant camera cuts to a different angle to keep it "interesting". He also seems to think that swearing every 2nd word makes him controversial, it doesn't. I keep getting spammed on Youtube with his videos in my suggested and have hidden him and told Youtube to stop recommending them to me and now I'm getting bloody sponsored crap from him on Instagram suggested to me. Someone please make it stop.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Talking of Youtube golf channels - I don't know if anyone has come across this - Robin Matthew Williams - channel yet but he's the worst thing I've seen in golf media/youtube for a long time. Doesn't seem to say anything of any worth and covers over that fact with constant camera cuts to a different angle to keep it "interesting". He also seems to think that swearing every 2nd word makes him controversial, it doesn't. I keep getting spammed on Youtube with his videos in my suggested and have hidden him and told Youtube to stop recommending them to me and now I'm getting bloody sponsored crap from him on Instagram suggested to me. Someone please make it stop.

Is that the top bloke videos or whatever?

I have been getting spammed with them constantly slamming Crossfield and have tried to hide them as much as possible and I still see them.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is that the top bloke videos or whatever?

I have been getting spammed with them constantly slamming Crossfield and have tried to hide them as much as possible and I still see them.

Nah different bloke, but that topbloke guy is a proper weirdo. Not sure if he's still posting, but spent an unhealthy amount of time making videos about Crossfield, was so weird.

This is a youngish lad who has some gripes with the PGA about the way the system works and seems to be blowing up on instagram and youtube with his "real" views on the PGA and all things golf. He comes across like a spoilt brat, takes 10 minutes to talk about something that would take 3 if it wasn't for all the repetition, constant camera angle cutting and swearing. He's an idiot and the fact so many people fail to see through it and are responding to him in a positive way hurts my brain.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Nah different bloke, but that topbloke guy is a proper weirdo. Not sure if he's still posting, but spent an unhealthy amount of time making videos about Crossfield, was so weird.

This is a youngish lad who has some gripes with the PGA about the way the system works and seems to be blowing up on instagram and youtube with his "real" views on the PGA and all things golf. He comes across like a spoilt brat, takes 10 minutes to talk about something that would take 3 if it wasn't for all the repetition, constant camera angle cutting and swearing. He's an idiot and the fact so many people fail to see through it and are responding to him in a positive way hurts my brain.

Topbloke guy is still posting about Crossfield- clogging up my youtube feed for absolutely no reason.

Haven't came across him and hopefully never will

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Wow just watched one of his videos and my head hurts, and it didn't make a lot of sense.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
D

Deleted member 18121

I've just checked out that top bloke channel - 11 videos from 2018 all have Mark Crossfield in the title. It seems obvious that he's trying to make himself a name off the back of Mark, which is really quite pathetic and I can only assume is born of jealousy of how Mark lives a golfing life.

The Robin Williams Matthew lad just needs to stop swearing. I've only watched a couple of bits but in theory his subject matter is good but it's totally unwatchable because of the swearing.

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not sure who he teaches and not bothered. What he produces on youtube is very good and gets his message over so well

In my lessons with him, I find sometimes he doesn’t get across ‘why’ he’s having you do a certain move, but when I do what he tells me, it clicks and make sense after a few swings.

Visit site
Hi all

I commute on the train 5 hours per day so watch A LOT of netflix/amazon etc, but I do also download a lot of content from youtube to watch. Normally the Mark Crossfield et al course vlogs, peter finch and Rick Shiels also.

I'm at the stage now where I've done all their videos to death and am literally waiting for them to release new content.....so I'm looking for other golf related entertainment, whether it be instructional or just fun. What/who does anyone recommend?

Cheers all

Adam
We have a channel about being crap golfers trying to become good, if you're interested https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCddkDy9sN9a15fwnBrUUw1g

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I feel the same about Robin Matthews-Williams, really hard to watch his videos. He's trying to be 'edgy' but would be better off losing the swearing and just working on his content.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
I feel the same about Robin Matthews-Williams, really hard to watch his videos. He's trying to be 'edgy' but would be better off losing the swearing and just working on his content.

I initially thought RMW was just being an ass but once you get in to his vids and see where he's coming from I find him very entertaining now, though his no look coaching isn't for me but good luck to him, I like his anti establishment take on things.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
NLU's new Tourist Sauce series in Scotland has started, it's bloody brilliant. They're the kings of golf content at the minute.
Haven't caught this yet, but really enjoyed their 'strapped' series about a trip to public courses in Iowa. As travelogues, they have made an effort to construct something a bit more interesting than the vanilla vlogs that some of the well known names trot out.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Haven't caught this yet, but really enjoyed their 'strapped' series about a trip to public courses in Iowa. As travelogues, they have made an effort to construct something a bit more interesting than the vanilla vlogs that some of the well known names trot out.

Definitely worth a watch mate, Kilspindie looked amazing. I also really enjoyed the Strapped series - Neil's a proper character and you can't help but love Big Randy, what a guy.