Youtube golf channels

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date

Mr Hip

Medal Winner
Visit site
A couple of other thoughts. The Cut, the BBC golf podcast is interesting - the Billy Foster edition is entertaining - and Eddie Pepperell's blog. He doesn't post every week but always has something interesting to say.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Try watching paint dry. Much more fun

I reckon crossfield has lost it slightly...all of that ‘bantz’ is painful:eek:
He best when knocking it around his local links course by himself.
Alex Elliott Golf is pretty good, I don’t think he does the caddy diaries anymore tho.
Plus he’s a bunker mentality ambassador like fishy :thup:

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I happened upon an account, scratch golf, this week.

Basic premise is a 10 handicapper, trying to get down to scratch.

Sets himself apart as he's not a pro. Some very interesting videos, albeit not as productive as some of the full time you tubers

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Andy the Average Golfer at Teeuplo and the wonderful Liam Harrison at Golfvlogsuk.

Cannot stand the golfvlogs videos, or the people involved.

Watched their trip to Spain this year where they were all singing and chanting in the restaurant like a bunch of football hooligans. Not for me.

My favourites are Crossfield and Shawn Clement (love his philosophy). Subscribed to Shiels and Finch but not overly fussed on them. Not keen on meandmy either.

Nowadays I try and stay away from Instruction videos as they end up ruining my swing.

GregKael

Medal Winner
Visit site
Great thread this. some real interesting watches.

Instructional stuff is all a bit crappy imo

Check out Scratch Golf. He has been going for a while off about 5 handicap now.

I did check out Scratch Golf, thanks for highlighting. It's a pretty good channel, seems more a lot relatable than some of the "pros" videos. Plus his sense of humour is way closer to mine than the "lads,lads" behaviour of some other channels. Managed to watch about 5 mins of No Laying Up and decided this is not for me.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I feel like I’m the only one who doesn’t like Mark Crossfield :D He’s annoying, arrogant, the in-jokes, forced ‘banter’ etc.

The way he acted about the fact that Taylormade wouldn’t send him free stuff, was weird. He was also a bit weird when he couldn’t grasp that a number of his viewers weren’t happy with him signing a contract with Titleist, because they were concerned about his impartiality eroding.

I do very much feel like I’m alone in these thoughts though.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Crossfields technical stuff like out at TPI in the US is undeniably brilliant, his tie up with Titleist has allowed his followers to some unique access to the likes of Scotty Cameron and Bob Vokey, however, I have tired of his Vlogs and as others have said his "bantz" has just been over played.

Liam Harrison I thought initially was brilliant but his content has become very repetitive and as mentioned, the chanting in the restaurant, though looked like fun, does have the football mentality.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I feel like I’m the only one who doesn’t like Mark Crossfield :D He’s annoying, arrogant, the in-jokes, forced ‘banter’ etc.

The way he acted about the fact that Taylormade wouldn’t send him free stuff, was weird. He was also a bit weird when he couldn’t grasp that a number of his viewers weren’t happy with him signing a contract with Titleist, because they were concerned about his impartiality eroding.

I do very much feel like I’m alone in these thoughts though.

No, you aren't. Crossfield is a marmite character. You love him or you hate him. I really can't stand him either.

I started watching YouTube golf vlogs when I first started playing and was stuck in my office for way too long every day. The first ones I stumbled upon where the ones by Harry Flower, Gorilla James and his crew. They both stopped making videos a short while after that, though, because they fell out of golf for a spell and did fitness instead. But they are both back now, Harry is trying to make a career as a playing pro (struggling at it, though) and James is trying to break through in the long drive world.

I love Shiels and Finch, Andy Carter and Chris Fletcher (ImproveMyGolf) and FriedEggs golf and watch pretty much all of their stuff when it comes out.

Someone with a more lighthearted amateur appoach to things and a great sense of humor is Rob McGarr aka Scratch Golf.

And then there is Andrew Jensen, a Canadian mini-tour player who vlogs about the challenges and difficulties of making it as a playing pro.