What YOUTUBERS?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Your course looks beautiful, but difficult. The tee with the fence all along the right, I would just chuck a sleeve over it and take a blob.

D

Deleted member 21445

Your course looks beautiful, but difficult. The tee with the fence all along the right, I would just chuck a sleeve over it and take a blob.

Just joined Pleasington Golf Club in Lancashire, it's a very picturesque inland course and a good test of golf..?️?️

D

Deleted member 21445

Will likely look in. Perhaps a bit like JW but for Ams. Although vastly different ability levels ? I expect a few of left the game for years only to catch the bug again later. What course is it?

Pleasington Golf Club in Lancashire.
Just joined, very nice ?️?️

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I started posting stuff on You Tube in this last lockdown for something to do, going to keep it going to the end of the year.
Its a hobby and nothing more
shameless plug here if you find it interesting, if you don't then that's fine too....

Yeah, I enjoyed that.
I think light-hearted and informal could be the key.

D

Deleted member 21445

Will likely look in. Perhaps a bit like JW but for Ams. Although vastly different ability levels ? I expect a few of left the game for years only to catch the bug again later. What course is it?
Pleasington GC in Lancashire

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Btw, a channel that never gets mentioned but is quite useful is Golf Monthly.

We don’t buy clubs ever year, but people like the big guys test them, a lot. What golf monthly is testing is rain gloves, or mid layers, ... the stuff that when you think about it are actually spending quite a bit of money, after golf balls. Having Neil Tuppin spending hours in the rain testing jackets has more value to me than Pete or Rick or Crossfield all testing the same new driver.

D

Deleted member 21445

Btw, a channel that never gets mentioned but is quite useful is Golf Monthly.

We don’t buy clubs ever year, but people like the big guys test them, a lot. What golf monthly is testing is rain gloves, or mid layers, ... the stuff that when you think about it are actually spending quite a bit of money, after golf balls. Having Neil Tuppin spending hours in the rain testing jackets has more value to me than Pete or Rick or Crossfield all testing the same new driver.

Agree ?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I started posting stuff on You Tube in this last lockdown for something to do, going to keep it going to the end of the year.
Its a hobby and nothing more
shameless plug here if you find it interesting, if you don't then that's fine too....

Just picked up another subscriber matey.
Good luck with the channel, and of course the golf.
It's not easy creating good content while trying to play - I've found that out myself, but I do agree with some of your views on a lot of the you tube content. There are only so many reviews of one driver you can watch, and personally, I don't tend to bother watching any of them, cos I can't afford to buy new clubs anyway. ;-)

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
By the way, I didn't post a link to our channel earlier but if anybody is interested, here it is.
Very much in its infancy but it's essentially me and the boy - who has a little potential, playing and hopefully reviewing courses around the Costa Blanca.
Don't know they're born these days. ?

D

Deleted member 21445

Just picked up another subscriber matey.
Good luck with the channel, and of course the golf.
It's not easy creating good content while trying to play - I've found that out myself, but I do agree with some of your views on a lot of the you tube content. There are only so many reviews of one driver you can watch, and personally, I don't tend to bother watching any of them, cos I can't afford to buy new clubs anyway. ;-)
Cheers Mel ?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Just following on from post 114.
JW had a 'mare in R1 and vid wasn't great. R2 was better and mostly before the rain.
The way he played 8 & 9 is familiar to me ? but not how he played 14 ?

Rookie error for the DQ and no caddy to blame!

Raziren

Visit site
Been watching Danny Maude of late, I like him. Very simple and basic approach

I've just switched golf coach and he seems to have the same swing ideas as Danny Maude's method/principles so having the videos to use off the course is useful. Sometimes they are bit repetitive.

Golf sidekick had a course of 3 lessons this year (in Malaysia I think) that were brilliant as again I could relate to my lessons. The coach was superb.

The new one I have discovered recently is Malaska golf. Again same approach as the others but he is teaching people and you can see their a-ha moments.
He explains really well what people need to feel they are doing to get into the picture perfect golf positions, rather than try and put the club into those positions.