YouTubers.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If someone is using the 'professional golfer' tag, they're setting themselves to be judged. They put themselves in the window via YouTube. Rick and Pete would be much better golfers if they shed a few stone, it's not disgraceful to point that out, it's a fact.

This isn't related to Hannah, who isn't a professional.

In terms of balance and back onto the topic, Pete was really unlucky to miss out on the Creators Tournament at East Lake. Shot level and missed some good birdie chances. Sad to see Rick bottled taking part :rolleyes:
Really? You could say the same about a host of tour players (Beef etc). Their weight has nothing to do with their content of golfing ability and they are professional golfers as they have gone through the PGA exams and passed. I am sure if Finch in particular, but also Shiels if he got lessons, could get to a competitive playing standard if they worked on their games. The fact is they don't and work on their content which is where they make their money. Comments like this only adds fuel to the haters fire

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I watched Bryson try and break the record on a public course last night, for the first time I found him quite annoying. I think it was the production of the video, it just seemed to be clip after clip of him talking you through the shot, hitting the shot and then getting annoyed, rinse and repeat. Did my head in by half way through but I did stick with it.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I watched Bryson try and break the record on a public course last night, for the first time I found him quite annoying. I think it was the production of the video, it just seemed to be clip after clip of him talking you through the shot, hitting the shot and then getting annoyed, rinse and repeat. Did my head in by half way through but I did stick with it.

I've been casually watching James robinson 'next 100' video blogs. dunno why but the latest one just seemed so samey with same comments/complaints/digs etc and couldn't make it past first half dozen holes this time

Burnsey

Visit site
I've been casually watching James robinson 'next 100' video blogs. dunno why but the latest one just seemed so samey with same comments/complaints/digs etc and couldn't make it past first half dozen holes this time

Agreed.

I like seeing the various courses and do like the golf his partner plays, but with so many in the series, it would suit mixing the playing partner up a bit I'd say.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I love seeing the UK and Irish links courses on Golfmates.

Some of the not so famous ones are gorgeous.

I would have a difficult time with so many blind shots, however.
We tend to use explosives and heavy machinery to minimize those in US course designs.

I'm not sure how a first time visitor could play those without an experienced caddy from the course.
One doesn't know where to hit the ball.
Maybe a GPS watch might help a little bit, but still.

4LEX

Visit site
Really? You could say the same about a host of tour players (Beef etc). Their weight has nothing to do with their content of golfing ability and they are professional golfers as they have gone through the PGA exams and passed. I am sure if Finch in particular, but also Shiels if he got lessons, could get to a competitive playing standard if they worked on their games. The fact is they don't and work on their content which is where they make their money. Comments like this only adds fuel to the haters fire

Well Beef has dropped off due to fitness and injury issues. I know his were more down to hand injuries but I don't think he's pushed himself. Lowry and Reed are the two that go against the grain in modern times. In a talent based sport you'll always get those though.

I agree on them being content creators, although Pete has taken his golf more seriously and done quite well this year. Rick is doing the bare minimum to stay on top of YT and enjoying his life. Nothing wrong with that apart from he's the one that's been saying constantly he's on a diet and getting fit, so if he's saying that he's doing it for engagement. If someone was taking pot shots at random people for their weight you'd have a point.

4LEX

Visit site
I don't know if you were joking and you know this really, but just in case not - he said on his podcast that they didn't actually invite him to it! Seems very strange that they wouldn't. I wonder if they just thought he wasn't as good as the other people they did invite and would have been just making up the numbers??

I was half joking but if he wasn't invited that's a serious snub, given him subs and reach. Hopefully it gives him the kick he needs to step his game up.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was half joking but if he wasn't invited that's a serious snub, given him subs and reach. Hopefully it gives him the kick he needs to step his game up.

He was on holiday whilst it was on anyways. Yet I'm sure you will claim he was just saving face

Doing a lot of work at the women's open with his kids so would have had to say no regardless.

Burnsey

Visit site
He was on holiday whilst it was on anyways. Yet I'm sure you will claim he was just saving face

Doing a lot of work at the women's open with his kids so would have had to say no regardless.

Unlikely the event wasn't set up at short notice and every businessman could have worked their family holidays around a day of an event, so the no invite is a strange one, for the largest subscription golf channel.

Grant Horvat wasn't there either I don't think, so maybe the organisers made the shout who they wanted.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Unlikely the event wasn't set up at short notice and every businessman could have worked their family holidays around a day of an event, so the no invite is a strange one, for the largest subscription golf channel.

Grant Horvat wasn't there either I don't think, so maybe the organisers made the shout who they wanted.

I believe his work at the women's open was set up before that though.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I believe his work at the women's open was set up before that though.
Did he work the AIG Open? On his podcast he talked about going there with kids and watching other days on tv, no mention of any work given it was his holiday anyway?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Im hope Shiels is sat in his £3m home in Lytham reading this thread and laughing his socks off.

The weight comments might hurt though given he apparently snapped his brand new £10k dining room table in half whilst standing on it to give a toast at a party 😂.

Burnsey

Visit site
Mainstream media need more people to tune in, not turn it off.
He’d be a terrible pundit

I don't think so. He has knowledge of the game and players alike. There's a lot of roles in the media I think he'd be ok at.

Quite a few million subscribers to his own channel seem to agree.