Adding onto someone else’s booking

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It does seem slightly odd that when a block of time is completely empty that they would add on to your slot. In a similar situation I think most people would take an empty slot. They can always verbally ask you on the 1st if you would like to join them or carry on on your own.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Can you not phone the pro shop and ask him to move them to 7.10? I honestly feel these boys maybe “assuming” you have no playing partners at the club so are trying to welcome you in.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Cant do it at my place.

Honesty it would do my head in too! Sometimes you do just want to fly round, youre booking an early slot to achieve that and then here come two extra guys.

Id just message them and inform them that you still plan to use the tee but will leave them after the first hole or two

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Knowing now that it’s the first slot of the day. It’s probably more like the OP has booked “their time”.

If G1Z1 has booked the slot first, then its not their tee time. Irrelevant if they have been playing at 7 that day for the last however long, its first come first served. Depending how some clubs run its not G1Z1's either, its just the 7am slot that had 3 free spaces.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Question: is it them booking into the slot or is it the pro shop adding them to avoid singles occupying a prime slot.

G1Z1, for what’s it worth I doubt you’ll find any club running a brs system that would allow a 1 ball at 7am at weekends nor would I expect that booking to remain a single.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Question: is it them booking into the slot or is it the pro shop adding them to avoid singles occupying a prime slot.

G1Z1, for what’s it worth I doubt you’ll find any club running a brs system that would allow a 1 ball at 7am at weekends nor would I expect that booking to remain a single.

Is it for a weekend?

I'd assumed it was for today?

G1z1

Visit site
Is it for a weekend?

I'd assumed it was for today?
No it’s midweek and it’s usually always quite quiet midweek mornings. That’s just why I thought I would ask on the forum. I could see if the course was rammed and it’s just book anywhere you can but it’s basically empty that morning. I think I’ll just have a game with them I get the feeling they think I’m someone else maybe someone they played with years ago cause they keep adding onto the slots I take.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No it’s midweek and it’s usually always quite quiet midweek mornings. That’s just why I thought I would ask on the forum. I could see if the course was rammed and it’s just book anywhere you can but it’s basically empty that morning. I think I’ll just have a game with them I get the feeling they think I’m someone else maybe someone they played with years ago cause they keep adding onto the slots I take.

Maybe they’ve heard your great company and can’t wait to play with you ??‍♂️

D

Deleted member 3432

If you are going to start putting cards in for h/cap and/or play comps you need to get used to the playing with other people. The pace of play and rhythm of the round will be different and will be a serious issue for you if not used to it.

Give it a go (y)

G1z1

Visit site
Maybe they’ve heard your great company and can’t wait to play with you ??‍♂️
Possibly the last guy a played with down there was desperate for me to go on holiday with him and his wife and even joined my home club so he could golf with me everyday. Ended up having to tell him to do one and stop messaging me ?

Mandofred

Visit site
This topic....there just is no right answer. Some people think that if there is an opening (for one or more people), just go ahead and book in. But I KNOW that there are plenty of people out there who do not want you to book on with them. In the places I've been, you can't book in 2 people for instance and then block out the other two spots so nobody can join you.

There is a small group I play with M/W/F....3 of us book 2 tee times up to a month in advance. The other 4+ guys who regularly play with us wait until the last minute to see if they "feel" like playing. So there are regularly 2 booked tee times with only 1 or 2 names in the slot. I keep mentioning that this is just asking for trouble if a few other folks want to jump in with us. This problem is mostly caused because of our membership fee system. I paid full up when I joined (£1200). Another option is pay £700 and then £5 each time you play. They are afraid they might lose their £5 if they cancel late, so they wait until the last minute to make sure they "feel" like playing. Arggggggggg

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Why not arrive @6.55a.m. Tell them in The Car Park as they arrive that you want to play on your own and are a fast player and will not hold them up.

Alternatively tell them I will go to the 2nd and start from there.

Green Man

Assistant Pro
Visit site
At our club you can put ‘on own’ against any spare slots and play by yourself if that is what you want to do. I know it could get abused but it doesn’t seem to. Maybe only a couple of times a day are like this.