YouTubers.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't think so. He has knowledge of the game and players alike. There's a lot of roles in the media I think he'd be ok at.

Quite a few million subscribers to his own channel seem to agree.

He was saying in his latest pod even early days the majority of his viewers are from the USA . He would be a very popular pundit . Only have to see how many people turn up for his random videos like he was doing his charity bike ride and such

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
He clearly has access and a rapport with tour players so I can see how it would be easy to build a pundit career as they already know him and so would probably be approachable to him. It would depend how he came across as he can be marmite on his videos whatever the content. Some people seem to be put off by his delivery

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I love seeing the UK and Irish links courses on Golfmates.

Some of the not so famous ones are gorgeous.

I would have a difficult time with so many blind shots, however.
We tend to use explosives and heavy machinery to minimize those in US course designs.

I'm not sure how a first time visitor could play those without an experienced caddy from the course.
One doesn't know where to hit the ball.
Maybe a GPS watch might help a little bit, but still.
There's usually a marker post, and often a course planner to help.
I've only had a caddy once in my life, which was helpful for the blind shots, but you generally figure a way.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watched the Bryson and Daly video last night, I found it very entertaining. Daly for me was both funny and tragic in equal amounts, he can still get it out there though.
Anyone else think Bryson was quietly raging inside when JD kept being really causal with his putts 🤣
Definitely. The one-handed ones especially - just watch Bryson's face when he does it. 😬🤬

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Liam from Golmates was up at our course Friday he was lucky with the weather, he said it’s his number one course he’s ever played.

There’s no doubt we have spectacular scenery that would rival anywhere in the UK, but what interests me more is what he thought about playing the course.

It will be up on his channel in a couple of weeks.

Skytot

Visit site
Liam from Golmates was up at our course Friday he was lucky with the weather, he said it’s his number one course he’s ever played.

There’s no doubt we have spectacular scenery that would rival anywhere in the UK, but what interests me more is what he thought about playing the course.

It will be up on his channel in a couple of weeks.
What course is it ?

MACM85

Visit site
Forebrothers - cringe!!

I watched some of the earlier stuff. Now it is just loud and brash. Plus the handicaps they say they are I find it hard to believe any of them are 10-18 handicap considering some of the golf they play. Just a case of smash the ball far and hit everything hard but can't score

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I watched some of the earlier stuff. Now it is just loud and brash. Plus the handicaps they say they are I find it hard to believe any of them are 10-18 handicap considering some of the golf they play. Just a case of smash the ball far and hit everything hard but can't score
They are a mixed bag. I've enjoyed watching their challenges to break a certain score, their 'majors' where they are quite competitive, and also their team efforts to break a score as the banter is a bit more jovial when they're on the same team. I've got no interest in watching the ones where they drink x amount or eat x amount on the way round though. I also find that Ronan is the only one who genuinely makes me laugh, Dec is a bit of a try-hard, and Paddy is very much the straight guy with very little banter or humour at all.

I think you're correct that their handicaps are not as low as they say, however I also believe they've started playing on this for engagement/comments. i.e. Loads of people comment "Dec is never a 12 handicap!" and the next video thumbnail says "Can a 10 handicapper do such-and-such..." It's not a coincidence. 😄 There is actually a YouTube account who's started commenting on their videos and updating what their handicaps actually are based on the videos they've put up, which is quite funny. The last one I saw they had Dec at 17, and he's generally the best one of the three.