YouTubers.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Which video was this?
He did a fitting for a Titleist driver, but judging by the comments he was trying to hit a shot shape he doesn't normally hit, then moaning that the club didn't allow him to do it, generally having a bad striking day and being flippant / borderline rude to the fitter. I didn't get to see it for myself though, I just read what the comments were saying. Since the comments were universally negative he's made the video private.

4LEX

Visit site
He did a fitting for a Titleist driver, but judging by the comments he was trying to hit a shot shape he doesn't normally hit, then moaning that the club didn't allow him to do it, generally having a bad striking day and being flippant / borderline rude to the fitter. I didn't get to see it for myself though, I just read what the comments were saying. Since the comments were universally negative he's made the video private.

I saw it when it first came out and the whole video was quite bizzare, I thought it was an advert at first until he started getting stroppy. It was just a very strange video and the definition of quantity over quality.

I have heard there's a Golf Bidder Challenge about to be released with Pete....

Bucktaylor64

Medal Winner
Visit site
I saw it when it first came out and the whole video was quite bizzare, I thought it was an advert at first until he started getting stroppy. It was just a very strange video and the definition of quantity over quality.

I have heard there's a Golf Bidder Challenge about to be released with Pete....
Bad hair day?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe it's just me, but I didn't think Shiels was that badly behaved, he was just having a bad swing day and was frustrated about it.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe it's just me, but I didn't think Shiels was that badly behaved, he was just having a bad swing day and was frustrated about it.

Don't you realise slime that he isn't allowed and must listen to random people on forums and social media

He's left social media entirely due to the negative comments

Don't blame him

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not saying you are. Everyone else seems to enough ..

He must be doing something right , almost 3 million subscribers and been doing YouTube 12 years

Biggest golf YouTuber out there.
CR7 has been doing YouTube for about one week, currently on 49.1M subscribers!

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He must be doing something right , almost 3 million subscribers and been doing YouTube 12 years
You’ll be surprised at how many of these are paid for. Allegedly.

A guy I know did some digging a while back into his subscriber numbers and his video views and interactions and despite a huge boost of subscribers a while back, the amount of views on videos etc actually didn’t move…leading to the belief there are bots in those follower numbers. Add in who ‘part owns’ him, and it does add up.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
He got a massive bump of subscribers when he was on a US golf show that was all about designing a driver.....
All these Tubers with millions of subscribers that don't watch their videos.....

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Regarding golf YouTubers, for me there is no-one more enjoyable to watch than Sam Heung Min.
He's just hilarious and is a fabulous golf to boot.
He often starts with Luke Kwon, Taco (also hilarious), Harry Na and Tooms.
Just about to watch one with Sam and Luke vs Mac Boucher and Ryan Ruffels.
This is a rematch, the first one was just superb and, for me, great therapy.

Any other Sam fans out there?

maxresdefault.jpg

Burnsey

Visit site
I'm not saying you are. Everyone else seems to enough ..

He is doing a lot right, but his business is producing content and that content wasn't very good at all, so was taken down.

I watched it and thought it was very odd.

His video's are rewarded financially by views and comments, so no YouTuber can expect them to always be positive - par for the course you could say.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Regarding golf YouTubers, for me there is no-one more enjoyable to watch than Sam Heung Min.

View attachment 54744
I’ll give this a watch 👍🏻

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site

View attachment 54744
Not heard of him before, but watching the first on his own channel now.

I see he was previously on the Taco channel before that, so might look at that later.

https://www.youtube.com/@tacogolf/videos

Wow - I'll have to watch more now - I had to recheck, but in the last few seconds of the video (27:53) some music comes in, and it is Roundabout by Yes!

Last edited:

Charlatan30

Visit site
You’ll be surprised at how many of these are paid for. Allegedly.

A guy I know did some digging a while back into his subscriber numbers and his video views and interactions and despite a huge boost of subscribers a while back, the amount of views on videos etc actually didn’t move…leading to the belief there are bots in those follower numbers. Add in who ‘part owns’ him, and it does add up.
I saw a clip on youtube form their podcast show where they were very critical of subscriber numbers from a particular channel (may have been the Senior tour?). Pot. Kettle. Black.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I saw a clip on youtube form their podcast show where they were very critical of subscriber numbers from a particular channel (may have been the Senior tour?). Pot. Kettle. Black.
Yes - they were talking about the Legends Tour I think, who had a huge increase of subscribers despite nobody actually watching their videos. Honestly, I don't think they would have called them out if they were guilty of the same thing, that would be incredibly dumb.