YouTubers.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
If the weathers good you can regularly play till 10pm through Scotland in June and July and a bit later in the North of Scotland.
That's really great.

I live in the most far eastern end of the US Eastern Time Zone,
which should really be in the Atlantic Time Zone with the Canadian Maritimes and Bermuda if the lines were drawn straight,
so days are short here.

On June 20th or 21st, it stays light until about 8 or so, and that's Daylight Saving Time to boot.
Already the days are noticeably shorter. By the time we go to Standard Time in late October, I think it is,
it will be dark well before 5 PM.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That's really great.

I live in the most far eastern end of the US Eastern Time Zone,
which should really be in the Atlantic Time Zone with the Canadian Maritimes and Bermuda if the lines were drawn straight,
so days are short here.

On June 20th or 21st, it stays light until about 8 or so, and that's Daylight Saving Time to boot.
Already the days are noticeably shorter. By the time we go to Standard Time in late October, I think it is,
it will be dark well before 5 PM.
I guess the bad news here is even when it is OK underfoot in winter its too dark to play by 4pm, though links courses are often playable in winter even if not ideal.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I guess the bad news here is even when it is OK underfoot in winter its too dark to play by 4pm, though links courses are often playable in winter even if not ideal.
The UK has very tough immigration laws to keep us yanks out, except on brief holiday.
Otherwise you'd get hordes of us immigrating for the golf and for the NHS both.;)

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site

Iona is wonderful! This isn’t a new video, but I have just booked to play at this course. I’m now even more excited as I’ve heard great things and now seen how incredible it looks!
Watching it now - thanks!

Flipped over after a few holes as I won't ever play there as I don't do golf holidays - ended up watching this after -

Last edited:

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bullard has started another channel with Fenners about starting a football team from scratch.
Wonder if he's ditched the 2 Muppets?
Bet he got his sore back from carrying their channel for so long.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bullard has started another channel with Fenners about starting a football team from scratch.
That's been going as a Podcast for a few months - 'FC Bullard'. They just chat about football stuff, it's not golf related. I'm sure he'll be back on Golf Life once he's healed up.

Severof

Visit site
JB came to my old club a few times with GolfLife. Used to strut about the place like gods given gift. He maybe a half decent player, but always found him to be arrogant tbh. The 2 Dale brothers on the other hand, I found to be very personable, shy and genuine. Maybe not the best golfers but certainly not "muppets'.
I hardly watch it now, but the best episode I found was with Tom Davis. Very funny and JB gets put back in his box many times. His true colours very nearly seep out a few times. If I was a betting man I'd say JB pulled a sick note, last knockings when Open qualifying. Reality set in, never good enough and was saving face.

A tit who talks about himself in the 3rd person when playing... 'Cam on then JB'. Him and that other egotistical muppet Jamie Ohara made a great pair together on the course.

A good pal of mine was Scottish assistants champion 30 odd yrs ago and played in the '95 open. He can't stand Bullard with a passion. With his biggest gripe being the fact he gave 'claw grip" chipping lessons on YT. That drives him absolutely nuts.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Lot of time for Tubes given his addiction issues and suicide attempt. I love the way golf has got right into his soul and psyche and he is brutally honest about his game. Bullard has been at my club (on his own) and all of the staff thought he was nothing short of a ***. I liked him as a Fulham player but as a Youtuber I've gone off him despite his ability

Severof

Visit site
Lot of time for Tubes given his addiction issues and suicide attempt. I love the way golf has got right into his soul and psyche and he is brutally honest about his game. Bullard has been at my club (on his own) and all of the staff thought he was nothing short of a ***. I liked him as a Fulham player but as a Youtuber I've gone off him despite his ability
Ditto. I was a Season ticket holder 20+ yrs ago at the Cottage, and loved him for his short cameo.
I can't watch him anymore. Predictably full of it. Watch Tom Davis video if you haven't already. Rips him a new one

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ditto. I was a Season ticket holder 20+ yrs ago at the Cottage, and loved him for his short cameo.
I can't watch him anymore. Predictably full of it. Watch Tom Davis video if you haven't already. Rips him a new one
That was a great one. As you said earlier, you can see Jimmy partly enjoying the banter but partly really irritated at being upstaged and having to take the hits on camera. :LOL:

4LEX

Visit site
JB came to my old club a few times with GolfLife. Used to strut about the place like gods given gift. He maybe a half decent player, but always found him to be arrogant tbh. The 2 Dale brothers on the other hand, I found to be very personable, shy and genuine. Maybe not the best golfers but certainly not "muppets'.
I hardly watch it now, but the best episode I found was with Tom Davis. Very funny and JB gets put back in his box many times. His true colours very nearly seep out a few times. If I was a betting man I'd say JB pulled a sick note, last knockings when Open qualifying. Reality set in, never good enough and was saving face.

A tit who talks about himself in the 3rd person when playing... 'Cam on then JB'. Him and that other egotistical muppet Jamie Ohara made a great pair together on the course.

A good pal of mine was Scottish assistants champion 30 odd yrs ago and played in the '95 open. He can't stand Bullard with a passion. With his biggest gripe being the fact he gave 'claw grip" chipping lessons on YT. That drives him absolutely nuts.

I've got a similar experience of Bullard. On one hand he's funny in a laugh at him kind of way, as he's loaded and doesn't give a toss which makes him quite interesting to be around. On the other he's loud, self centred and a bit of a clown. He is a bloody good golfer though, doesn't really practice much yet can trouble par most rounds.

I reckon it was part injury and part bottle job that stopped him teeing off for the Open Qualifying. Would love to see him back next year and give it a proper go.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not quite YouTube but I opened up the latest Rick Shiels podcast and heard Guy telling us that Rick is away this week - hard nope for me, turned it straight off. He finally got what he wanted though and made it the Guy Show!

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
This is just painful to watch…

Not quite as bad as I thought it was going to be, but he (Rick) comes across as a bit of a miserable so-and-so. And Guy just seems to think he is some bigwig now, jumping in with unasked-for comments. Props to the fitter for staying calm throughout.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not quite YouTube but I opened up the latest Rick Shiels podcast and heard Guy telling us that Rick is away this week - hard nope for me, turned it straight off. He finally got what he wanted though and made it the Guy Show!

Actually wasn't that bad tbh but then I'm leader of the guy fan club