YouTubers.

Springveldt

Visit site
Golf Sidekick’s video on Aimpoint was pretty good. I like how he replied to one comment saying “I thought Aimpoint was lame. I set out to prove it was lame and slow. Then I started making putts.”

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Golf Sidekick’s video on Aimpoint was pretty good. I like how he replied to one comment saying “I thought Aimpoint was lame. I set out to prove it was lame and slow. Then I started making putts.”
I'll have to give that a watch as I've never understood how you're meant to read a green with your feet. Hopefully he'll explain it better!

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This is very insightful(long):

I like the TPI videos in general, but seeing the full mobility/strength test is interesting. The issues and advice on Ian’s spine/neck problems is great. Anyone here tried a cervical neck traction device? :)

Good to hear they say the surgery options are much better now than it was just 10 years ago.

The force plate analysis offered two simple “fixes” for both of them, it’s interesting to see how the TPI guys are trying to find the cause and correct it rather than fixing the symptoms.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll have to give that a watch as I've never understood how you're meant to read a green with your feet. Hopefully he'll explain it better!
Unfortunately I was too slow. Aimpoint don't like their secrets being revealed and it was taken down!

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Unfortunately I was too slow. Aimpoint don't like their secrets being revealed and it was taken down!
Don’t think you missed much :)

Basically, get a digital spirit level and go around a sloppy green and try to correlate the feeling of your feet to the number on the spirit level. Once done, there is some maths to convert the slope into to fingers (break).

It works for some but can’t imagine being able to get myself trained to feel with my feet the degrees of difference between say 1* slope and 3*. 🤔

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Basically, get a digital spirit level and go around a sloppy green and try to correlate the feeling of your feet to the number on the spirit level. Once done, there is some maths to convert the slope into to fingers (break).

It works for some but can’t imagine being able to get myself trained to feel with my feet the degrees of difference between say 1* slope and 3*. 🤔

I have a treadmill in the garage that goes up to 12 degrees. I would need to use that as I can't feel anything on a green apart from an quite obvious big slope. :)

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I’ll watch most of these “creators” on YouTube, but I don’t subscribe to any of them.

Has anyone here unsubscribed from any of the channels?
I watch YouTube programming on television rather than on my laptop,
so as much as I'd like to subscribe to support some of those shows,
I have no idea how to do it.
Occasionally, as I watch YouTube on TV, they suggest that I "sign in,"
but again, being a total Luddite, I don't know how, or even what "signing in" means.

At the very least, I'd like to support Crow's show,
but again, don't know where to start.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site

One of the younger guys at the club was telling us about it after the round a couple of weeks ago - it seemed massively complicated. He was trying to tell us that it wasn't and it's really helped him and the senior at the table was rolling his eyes

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
On the subject of Aimpoint...played with an Aimpointer the other week...
On one green we had a similar putt, he was 2 yards further away and 2 feet left.
He did his stuff, I eyeballed it as usual and decided right to left about a cup outside...
Assuming he hit his putt on the intended line it was a great advert for not doing Aimpoint as he missed by 3 feet..
I knocked mine in......
Jus' sayin'.......

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of the younger guys at the club was telling us about it after the round a couple of weeks ago - it seemed massively complicated. He was trying to tell us that it wasn't and it's really helped him and the senior at the table was rolling his eyes
As someone who has used it for a few years, it really isn't complicated. It is obscenely simple, and ridiculously quick. I always struggled with green reading, then did the course and you can quickly tell the difference.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
As someone who has used it for a few years, it really isn't complicated. It is obscenely simple, and ridiculously quick. I always struggled with green reading, then did the course and you can quickly tell the difference.
Have just watched the video - was nice to see a full explanation of how it works. I'm still not convinced everybody would easily learn how to read a slope with their feet though. I have tried it and I can't feel anything unless it's a big enough slope that you can see it with your eyes anyway.

Springveldt

Visit site
I guess he must have got paid to take it down then?

It's actually not complicated, you don't even need to buy a digital spirit level, the Measure app on an iPhone will work as well. It takes a little practice but it's just a case of using the spirit level to find slopes of 1,2 and 3% and then standing on them and check if you can feel pressure without leaning into the slope. I find that I feel the pressure on my hips better than knees or feet and it's just about remembering how much pressure was a 1, 2 or 3.

When reading a putt I'll straddle my line twice, once about a third of the way to the hole, the second about 2/3's of the way if its a putt over 12 feet or so. Under than I just straddle the line once at about 2/3's of the way to the hole. I stand still for maybe 2 seconds at most to get my read.

Since I started it late last year I've found my reads have been much, much better. My problem has been starting them on that line and hitting them with the right pace but the putt has broke the way I thought it would. I am pretty terrible at reading greens with my eyes, I'd often read break that wasn't there or even read the break the wrong way.

Springveldt

Visit site
Have just watched the video - was nice to see a full explanation of how it works. I'm still not convinced everybody would easily learn how to read a slope with their feet though. I have tried it and I can't feel anything unless it's a big enough slope that you can see it with your eyes anyway.
As I said in the post above I actually feel the pressure on my hips not my feet.

Springveldt

Visit site
On the subject of Aimpoint...played with an Aimpointer the other week...
On one green we had a similar putt, he was 2 yards further away and 2 feet left.
He did his stuff, I eyeballed it as usual and decided right to left about a cup outside...
Assuming he hit his putt on the intended line it was a great advert for not doing Aimpoint as he missed by 3 feet..
I knocked mine in......
Jus' sayin'.......
Maybe he hit a crap putt? :)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I guess he must have got paid to take it down then?

It's actually not complicated, you don't even need to buy a digital spirit level, the Measure app on an iPhone will work as well. It takes a little practice but it's just a case of using the spirit level to find slopes of 1,2 and 3% and then standing on them and check if you can feel pressure without leaning into the slope. I find that I feel the pressure on my hips better than knees or feet and it's just about remembering how much pressure was a 1, 2 or 3.

When reading a putt I'll straddle my line twice, once about a third of the way to the hole, the second about 2/3's of the way if its a putt over 12 feet or so. Under than I just straddle the line once at about 2/3's of the way to the hole. I stand still for maybe 2 seconds at most to get my read.

Since I started it late last year I've found my reads have been much, much better. My problem has been starting them on that line and hitting them with the right pace but the putt has broke the way I thought it would. I am pretty terrible at reading greens with my eyes, I'd often read break that wasn't there or even read the break the wrong way.
It's interesting, and once upon a time I would have been tempted to try it, but now it's just so far away from where I'm at with putting. Since reading Putting Out Of Your Mind I've stripped it back to going with my first instinct, allow a little bit more break than I think on breaking ones, and just hit it. Kind of like Imurg said above. The more thought I put into anything golf-wise the worse I am usually.