YouTubers.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah I agree, personally I learned nothing from the video. He claims he has the swing of a fourteen handicapper, but can readily get on the toughest par 4 with a couple of rescue clubs and appears to putt with the ability that would make a PGA pro jealous, nothing missed inside about 12 feet.. The video just seemed to say if you can't use a driver don't but his example of suing the driver was worse than about anything I have seen, much of the rest of his game seemed good . Looks like he needed a driving lesson rather than some claim about how he scores well because of any game plan.
Indeed. If I could hit a hybrid 250 yards like he does then maybe I wouldn't use a driver either.

While his short game is pretty good - the video still proves the correlation between hitting it a long way and having a low handicap.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Indeed. If I could hit a hybrid 250 yards like he does then maybe I wouldn't use a driver either.

While his short game is pretty good - the video still proves the correlation between hitting it a long way and having a low handicap.
Maybe I didn’t pay enough attention, but he was hitting a 6i to 171yds - definitely more relatable than your average YT golfer 😂

He was also using on the tee whatever club needed to be short of the trouble area, now just an automatic “3w for safety”.

In some other video he credits Sidekick with teaching him “the way” so to me it was interesting to see that he did score +5 while not being 300 yds off the tee on every hole but using good chipping / pitching/ recovery shots and putting.

Totally agree btw that practicing short game is actually very difficult. Most clubs have only a very basic chipping green and nowhere to practice 30-60yds pitching. Very few clubs like Woburn have a dedicated short game area. Hence the most accessible practice is to hit range balls of the mats… 😕

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe I didn’t pay enough attention, but he was hitting a 6i to 171yds - definitely more relatable than your average YT golfer 😂

He was also using on the tee whatever club needed to be short of the trouble area, now just an automatic “3w for safety”.

In some other video he credits Sidekick with teaching him “the way” so to me it was interesting to see that he did score +5 while not being 300 yds off the tee on every hole but using good chipping / pitching/ recovery shots and putting.

Totally agree btw that practicing short game is actually very difficult. Most clubs have only a very basic chipping green and nowhere to practice 30-60yds pitching. Very few clubs like Woburn have a dedicated short game area. Hence the most accessible practice is to hit range balls of the mats… 😕
I was doing the maths on some of his tee shots - definitely got near to 300 with 3 wood and 250 hybrid. I think he hit 9 iron for 140 something which is only one club longer than me to be fair. Never saw how long his driver was because he didn't hit one successfully. 😂

I certainly hit less than driver if driver isn't required - but the occasions for this are very few when you only hit driver 220-230 anyway. Most of the time I'd just be giving up distance and making my approach needlessly long.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Stumbled across the bonkers reels from SpeedgolfRob over on Instagram

Cut through the wildness and the underlying principles seem solid
What do you think Maroochi?

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
The Golf Monthly group has steered me toward Crow's YouTube show, GolfMates.
Crow is a young man with mature friends, and I love to watch them play.

EBAY has a four-plane swing that I've never seen before in my life, but gets around the course quite smartly with it.

Mr. Barlow just flicks at the ball with powerful wrists and forearms. I'm pretty certain that he wasn't a man with whom to screw around when he was young.

OMP, senior among the crew, has rock-solid fundamentals even now. He had to have been a club champion level player at the very least.

As for Crow, he's taught me the "chicken and rice" shot that I'll probably need to play links golf.

Skytot

Visit site
Golfmates has some good golfers & characters on their channel, Aussie Simon , Dave the Pro, Peter Finch(travel agent), Graham (Carus Green ) OMP has been cat 1 golfer for most his life . I loved the video when Liam took OMP to one of the Open venues for his 80th birthday. I think OMP played off the Red tees but he beat his age . Most of all he absolutely loved the experience and history of playing the prestigious course.

Last edited:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
The Rick Shiels videos of him playing alone are so boring imo.
Turned off as his fake laugh when he hits a bad shot is just too much.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Since I pointed something out to my wife the other week its hard to 'unsee' it on any of his break 75 vids

Just listen out or try & count how many times he says Aaww after he hits a shot/putt

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yeh, same with Peter finch. They’re just fairly boring without some sort of conversation going on. I enjoyed the royal County Down vlog for the scenery, but other than that, as soon as I see it’s a solo round I switch off.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Stumbled across the bonkers reels from SpeedgolfRob over on Instagram

Cut through the wildness and the underlying principles seem solid
What do you think Maroochi?
I like him and find his explanations make sense to me and easy to follow. As mentioned though, after the novelty of his presentation style wears off he does get annoying.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Latest NLU film room at Bandon with Max Homa is a good chuckle as they unpack Soly's round. Max is really fun to listen to

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Since I pointed something out to my wife the other week its hard to 'unsee' it on any of his break 75 vids

Just listen out or try & count how many times he says Aaww after he hits a shot/putt
Watching the Royal Portrush episode now and I really wish I hadn't looked at the spoiler!

Visit site

It’s the clicking his fingers at every approach, chip or putt when it’s going to reach the hole that i struggle to ignore

Bucktaylor64

Medal Winner
Visit site
Who are you watching?
Peter Finch is ok, he has quite a good mix of content.
How has Rick shiels got to 2million subs!
Crossfield, wishes he was shiels.
Danny Maude ? To excitable for me?
Me and my golf... Can't work these out but I'm not a fan.
Bad golf, I like the bloke off taskmaster
Rick Shiels likely to hit 3 million before the year is out.