YouTubers.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
As Daly says on the video: "I've got a great future behind me." :LOL: I wonder if Bryson was slightly annoyed when he started putting one-handed.

Daly was certainly the most 'couldn't give a monkeys' partner Bryson has had on break 50 series (nice buggy though) but still entertaining

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As someone who has used it for a few years, it really isn't complicated. It is obscenely simple, and ridiculously quick. I always struggled with green reading, then did the course and you can quickly tell the difference.
Fair enough - once you have the process down, I suppose it becomes automatic

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's interesting, and once upon a time I would have been tempted to try it, but now it's just so far away from where I'm at with putting. Since reading Putting Out Of Your Mind I've stripped it back to going with my first instinct, allow a little bit more break than I think on breaking ones, and just hit it. Kind of like Imurg said above. The more thought I put into anything golf-wise the worse I am usually.
Pretty much where I am at as well in terms of first instinct - a couple of times, I've changed my mind as I am standing ready to put because I felt something different with my feet but often that hasn't been correct.
Had a putting lesson as well, which sorted out my dodgy technique.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It's interesting, and once upon a time I would have been tempted to try it, but now it's just so far away from where I'm at with putting. Since reading Putting Out Of Your Mind I've stripped it back to going with my first instinct, allow a little bit more break than I think on breaking ones, and just hit it. Kind of like Imurg said above. The more thought I put into anything golf-wise the worse I am usually.
As you know I'm a middle aged, mid-handicapper and I did a very basic guide to Aimpoint 7 years ago. It still stands me in good stead and you may get an idea from it about the basics -

I am more than happy to give you a very simple run through at H4H

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
As you know I'm a middle aged, mid-handicapper and I did a very basic guide to Aimpoint 7 years ago. It still stands me in good stead and you may get an idea from it about the basics -

I am more than happy to give you a very simple run through at H4H
My interest in it has definitely piqued, tempted to buy a digital spirit level to start playing around with the slopes.

I watched the Finch video from Lofoten Links, purely because I adore that course and it is firmly on my bucket list - actually enjoyed it, despite it being an hour and forty minutes long!

A recommendation too - my coach, Liam Robinson, has recently started teaching Brandon Robinson Thompson, he (BRT) has his own channel and that is well worth a watch. Liam is actually on his bag this week in the D+D Czech masters and after round one, he was second!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My interest in it has definitely piqued, tempted to buy a digital spirit level to start playing around with the slopes.

I watched the Finch video from Lofoten Links, purely because I adore that course and it is firmly on my bucket list - actually enjoyed it, despite it being an hour and forty minutes long!

A recommendation too - my coach, Liam Robinson, has recently started teaching Brandon Robinson Thompson, he (BRT) has his own channel and that is well worth a watch. Liam is actually on his bag this week in the D+D Czech masters and after round one, he was second!
Imagine if he won a tour event with two different players. Perhaps a different career beckons

Springveldt

Visit site

If you have an iPhone there is an in-built app called "Measure" which you can use as a spirit level. That's what I used when doing it in the back garden. My garden is on a slope and I've got some stepping slabs which very handily had 3 of them at 1%, 2% and 3% according the the phone so I used them to get the feeling for what those slopes felt like.

My green reading has definitely improved by using Aimpoint, no more of me looking and thinking it breaks one way only to hit a putt and have it move the other way.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
I find if I only look at the hole from one side it's easy to misread the break. Looking at at from a few different angles definitely helps me. I don't think I have the patience to use aimpoint.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
If you have an iPhone there is an in-built app called "Measure" which you can use as a spirit level. That's what I used when doing it in the back garden. My garden is on a slope and I've got some stepping slabs which very handily had 3 of them at 1%, 2% and 3% according the the phone so I used them to get the feeling for what those slopes felt like.

My green reading has definitely improved by using Aimpoint, no more of me looking and thinking it breaks one way only to hit a putt and have it move the other way.
I'm Android, thanks though.

Springveldt

Visit site
I find if I only look at the hole from one side it's easy to misread the break. Looking at at from a few different angles definitely helps me. I don't think I have the patience to use aimpoint.
Aimpoint is probably quicker than taking reads from multiple angles.
I'm Android, thanks though.
There is probably some android equivalent if it's a fairly new phone. I've got an old iPhone X and it works fine on that.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site

Iona is wonderful! This isn’t a new video, but I have just booked to play at this course. I’m now even more excited as I’ve heard great things and now seen how incredible it looks!
This decrepit geriatric has a crush on Iona Stephen since finding her on YouTube.
Just lovely.

I love watching YouTube golf on weekends
when we old timers leave the course to the distressed, working-for-a-living population.

Those links courses on the Scottish and Irish coasts leave me breathless.
We see the famous R&A Open courses on television, but they're too hard to be tempting.

However, GolfMates has shown lots of more playable layouts on their streaming-casts,
you can play them until late in the evening in the summer,
and they look absolutely fantastic.

I won't pretend to hide my envy.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This decrepit geriatric has a crush on Iona Stephen since finding her on YouTube.
Just lovely.

I love watching YouTube golf on weekends
when we old timers leave the course to the distressed, working-for-a-living population.

Those links courses on the Scottish and Irish coasts leave me breathless.
We see the famous R&A Open courses on television, but they're too hard to be tempting.

However, GolfMates has shown lots of more playable layouts on their streaming-casts,
you can play them until late in the evening in the summer,
and they look absolutely fantastic.

I won't pretend to hide my envy.
If the weathers good you can regularly play till 10pm through Scotland in June and July and a bit later in the North of Scotland.