YouTubers.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I probably haven’t explained it very well, take this from our website…

Still makes no sense to me.

The article says "Stand about 10 feet or so behind the ball (maybe further back for longer putts), so you are looking directly through the ball to the hole in a straight line."

But when you hold your putter up the ball has mysteriously moved to one side to indicate the slope? 😵‍💫

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm with Orikoru on this one.
If you've lined the ball up with the flag then it's in line, the slope is irrelevant, unless you're just crap at lining things up.

I sometimes plumbob but only to try and see a high and a low each side of the shaft.
Yeah this is what I didn't understand. He says line up the flag and ball with your putter shaft. Then when he looks again, it's no longer lined up and the flag is on the left, and that means it breaks left?? He just didn't explain it very well I guess.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I thought gravity was meant to take care of that. 😄
Gravity? Hahaha. Next thing you tell us the earth isn’t flat;-)

I thing the idea of gravity works ok on mini golf putters, but these days the attachments of the putter head to the shafts are all weird and all over the place. Centre of gravity is likely outside the shaft. I think.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Part 2 of Iona at St A's is up

Just seen Part 1 - another excellent watch with Iona after the Butch interview.

She obviously chose the caddie well as they had a great rapport pretty much from the start.

He kind of admitted that he was a shy kind of guy early on (not telling his players what to do, just coaxing them) and they just grooved really well together in both play and chatting.

No spoilers please - I might not be able to watch Part 2 for a few days.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just seen Part 1 - another excellent watch with Iona after the Butch interview.

She obviously chose the caddie well as they had a great rapport pretty much from the start.

No spoilers please - I might not be able to watch Part 2 for a few days.

The only thing I'll say is that it really is a wonderful watch ........................ she's a great presenter/YouTuber.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Still makes no sense to me.

The article says "Stand about 10 feet or so behind the ball (maybe further back for longer putts), so you are looking directly through the ball to the hole in a straight line."

But when you hold your putter up the ball has mysteriously moved to one side to indicate the slope? 😵‍💫
Speaking to Jamie Donaldson (Senior European Aimpoint instructor who works with DP and PGA tour pros) he said plumb bobbing simply doesn't work and has no merit and I tend to agree especially watching a playing partner with it on our super fast club champ greens. Slope absolutely plays a huge factor in assessing any putt as does the speed of the green. Hence different reads via aimpoint express given the severity of the slope and speed

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was listening to a podcast with Sasho Mackenzie when he was explaining how plumb bobbing works, basically it can do but it is really difficult to do properly was my understanding.
He was not recommending it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Iona is a great ball-striker, hits it so straight. Most videos I've seen of her though her putting is very ropey. Not sure why she's using that pencil grip when she looks really shaky with it. Somebody give her a LAB broomstick! 😄

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Iona is a great ball-striker, hits it so straight. Most videos I've seen of her though her putting is very ropey. Not sure why she's using that pencil grip when she looks really shaky with it. Somebody give her a LAB broomstick! 😄
Actually think her putting is usually pretty solid, at least in previous vids I’ve seen.

Paxo

Visit site
You must be an outstanding putter! Haven't seen the recent video, but having watched her playing Crail with Rick Shiels she seemed to hole absolutely everything. Couple of chips in as well if I remember correctly.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
A year ago I was of the opinion that Bryson is a complete tool. His YT stuff and some recent interviews have left me thinking that he's actually a nice guy who's doing more to make golf appeal to the masses than anyone else with the potential power.
I'm away from home at the moment with nothing to do in the evenings, so I've been watching a bit of YT golf. Most of it is pretty dull after a couple of videos. I'm pretty much stuck with Bryson and Golf Mates now.
Does that mean you've watched every Classic Golf Clubs video at least twice?