YouTubers.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Finch qualified for the PGA championship. How big of a deal is that?
“Dan’s brother” won it a couple of times. (Paul Hendrickson)

4LEX

Visit site
He's got a shot a regional qualifying, not sure about final though.

Regional all you need to do is shoot -1 or -2 under around a local course.

Final is a different level with tougher courses and some serious players. You've got to shoot 2 great rounds there and it'll be a struggle.

4LEX

Visit site
Did you see his chipping lesson with Dan Grieve? Dan actually said he didn't mind the claw grip for straight bump and runs because he keeps it on plane, so he didn't change that. Just changed his grip for higher shots and different flights etc. Putting has always been his weakness though. I saw he had another new putter in that video - some sort of Odyssey Jailbird (but not the Versa striped one). He's told Ange to help him read the greens, but he only takes Ange's read if it's the same as what he thought anyway. Whenever they disagree he just ignores Ange and goes with what he thought. 😆

I'm surprised we've not seen him doing a putting lesson with someone, as well as the Grieve chipping lesson. I wonder if that's in the pipeline.

Yep I did watch that video and it was good to see the reaction of Grieve. I liked he was happy to not make changes for changes sake.

He did putt fairly well with numerous close ones so the new putter worked well, it was just the overloading of info with Ange that didn't help.

Trouble is it's too late to make changes now really, this stuff should've been happening in the autumn and worked on over the winter. He should just go with his game this year, see how he does and then come up with a plan for next year..

Teebs

Visit site
Regional all you need to do is shoot -1 or -2 under around a local course.

Final is a different level with tougher courses and some serious players. You've got to shoot 2 great rounds there and it'll be a struggle.

One of my mates shot -6 and won local qualifying last year. Did ok at final qualifying but didn't even break top 20. Think there was Garcia and Matt Wallace in the field for West Lancs..

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yep I did watch that video and it was good to see the reaction of Grieve. I liked he was happy to not make changes for changes sake.

He did putt fairly well with numerous close ones so the new putter worked well, it was just the overloading of info with Ange that didn't help.

Trouble is it's too late to make changes now really, this stuff should've been happening in the autumn and worked on over the winter. He should just go with his game this year, see how he does and then come up with a plan for next year..
I like the Grieve methodology for the short game. I am surprised Bullard hasn't been for a fitting at the very least (or that I am aware of) and see what his actual traits are and get a proper fitted putter and then a lesson. Like anything if you know you have a weakness work to make it better or wonder why you can't perform as you'd like

simsini

Visit site
Just watched Tubes and Bullard play with Allan McGregor and it's the first time in ages Tubes has played like he is his actual handicap.

4LEX

Visit site
One of my mates shot -6 and won local qualifying last year. Did ok at final qualifying but didn't even break top 20. Think there was Garcia and Matt Wallace in the field for West Lancs..

That's bloody impressive in itself. To turn up and shoot a score like that when the pressure is on fair play to him.

What did he shoot at the Final qualifying?

I've actually decided to take a year off work and focus on my golf next year and give the Open a crack. I have zero expectations but would love to get through to Final qualifying. Who knows what can happen with richart on the bag 😅 ;)

4LEX

Visit site
I like the Grieve methodology for the short game. I am surprised Bullard hasn't been for a fitting at the very least (or that I am aware of) and see what his actual traits are and get a proper fitted putter and then a lesson. Like anything if you know you have a weakness work to make it better or wonder why you can't perform as you'd like

I think putting is one of those parts of the game where it's 90% feel and you either have it or you don't. It's very hard to teach it.

In a PuttLab studio then can help with contact etc but so much of it is about pace and green reading.

Teebs

Visit site
That's bloody impressive in itself. To turn up and shoot a score like that when the pressure is on fair play to him.

What did he shoot at the Final qualifying?

I've actually decided to take a year off work and focus on my golf next year and give the Open a crack. I have zero expectations but would love to get through to Final qualifying. Who knows what can happen with richart on the bag 😅 ;)

Think he was -2 over the 36 holes. A couple of doubles cost him and a lost ball (they think it exploded believe it or not). The -6 was at Alwoodley which is tough as nails off back sticks..

4LEX

Visit site
Think he was -2 over the 36 holes. A couple of doubles cost him and a lost ball (they think it exploded believe it or not). The -6 was at Alwoodley which is tough as nails off back sticks..

That's not far off making it, he must've been pleased but also gutted at the same time. Is he a pro or elite amateur?

Alwoodley is tough test, the northern courses seem to be tougher than the southern ones from my experience.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think putting is one of those parts of the game where it's 90% feel and you either have it or you don't. It's very hard to teach it.

In a PuttLab studio then can help with contact etc but so much of it is about pace and green reading.
Yeah. It's confidence as much as anything for me. I did a fitting years ago and used toe-hang blades for ages as a result. Recently switched to a face balanced mallet though, realised it feels nicer and I'm putting better than ever before. You just find whatever works really. I do struggle with reading greens sometimes so I know there will always be a limit on how well I can putt.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yeah. It's confidence as much as anything for me. I did a fitting years ago and used toe-hang blades for ages as a result. Recently switched to a face balanced mallet though, realised it feels nicer and I'm putting better than ever before. You just find whatever works really. I do struggle with reading greens sometimes so I know there will always be a limit on how well I can putt.
What method do you use to read greens?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
What method do you use to read greens?
Aimpoint Express for me (yes I know lol) Will have the original chart for club champs tomorrow as they will have the green speed right up and it'll give me a confirmation of my original read and I can match stimp on chart to correct arm bend to get an accurate read on the putting green before I start

Singlefiguregokfer

Banned
Visit site
Aimpoint Express for me (yes I know lol) Will have the original chart for club champs tomorrow as they will have the green speed right up and it'll give me a confirmation of my original read and I can match stimp on chart to correct arm bend to get an accurate read on the putting green before I start
I always think it’s important to know why you’ve just 3 putt😂