YouTubers.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Did he mark it behind the ball before lifting?
You don't see that part.
But I still think it would be incorrect. On the 5th it's placed well ahead of tee, it's doubtful than anyone when originally marking ball would have placed tee that far behind. Anyone I've ever played with would have been sticking tee down directly behind ball

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You don't see that part.
But I still think it would be incorrect. On the 5th it's placed well ahead of tee, it's doubtful than anyone when originally marking ball would have placed tee that far behind. Anyone I've ever played with would have been sticking tee down directly behind ball
Marking it isn't actually a requirement though is it? As long as you're sure it's replaced in the correct place? Would be very hard to prove anything without seeing him pick the ball up in the first place and where it was from. He has a laissez-faire attitude anyway, I very much doubt he was deliberately cheating at all. For the sake of a centimetre here or there.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
See what you think. Obviously we don't see all the placing as it's not on camera but there are 2 on the front nine that don't look ok to me.
My understanding on placing is "within 6 inches but not closer the hole". Obviously an inch or two closer makes little difference overall but it's still breaking a rule
Just watched some of the vid, saw what you’re talking about on the 5th. Rewound it to see where the ball was sat when they showed the result of his drive, it was just short and leftish of a divot. When he places the ball back it looks to be in exactly the same spot. So for me, he’s just stuck his tee peg in a couple of inches behind the ball.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Seems like half of YT golfers are doing Open qualifying this year. Is it normally like this?
(waiting for @Crow & @HomerJSimpson to announce their attempts :sneaky: )

I'm an axiomatic qualifier and so unfortunately won't be able to thrill my legions of fans with a "Quest for The Open" series.

(You might not see me at Troon though as the date clashes with a seniors match that I might be picked for)

4LEX

Visit site
Enjoying the Jimmy Bullard Open stuff.

However he's got serious issues reading greens. He takes way too long and judging by the video I was surprised his playing partners didn't say anything.

He played pretty well overall and was a bit unforunate not to shoot under par. Just one bad tee shot on a short par 4 cost him and he then shanked a chip and went back to his old chipping grip. I can see him getting through to final stage if he stops overreading greens.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

However he's got serious issues reading greens. He takes way too long and judging by the video I was surprised his playing partners didn't say anything.

He played pretty well overall and was a bit unforunate not to shoot under par. Just one bad tee shot on a short par 4 cost him and he then shanked a chip and went back to his old chipping grip. I can see him getting through to final stage if he stops overreading greens.
He needs to ditch Ange and go back to just reading putts himself, but then it's not really his channel

4LEX

Visit site
He needs to ditch Ange and go back to just reading putts himself, but then it's not really his channel

He's always been like that though, going back years. He'd hole more putts if he stopped the aimpoint rubbish and just took one look and hit it. He doesn't really need Ange doing exactly the same on every putt agreed.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Did you see his chipping lesson with Dan Grieve? Dan actually said he didn't mind the claw grip for straight bump and runs because he keeps it on plane, so he didn't change that. Just changed his grip for higher shots and different flights etc. Putting has always been his weakness though. I saw he had another new putter in that video - some sort of Odyssey Jailbird (but not the Versa striped one). He's told Ange to help him read the greens, but he only takes Ange's read if it's the same as what he thought anyway. Whenever they disagree he just ignores Ange and goes with what he thought. 😆

I'm surprised we've not seen him doing a putting lesson with someone, as well as the Grieve chipping lesson. I wonder if that's in the pipeline.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The putt reading was painful to watch. For me, it’s so hard to read putts for someone else because we all like to hit them differently; dead weight, take the break out, centre of the cup, side of the cup, all that sort of thing. And to be honest, Ange isn’t a great player or putting wizard. I know pro caddies do it, but those guys are highly trained and skilled and paid very well accordingly.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy watching these vids they’re doing, and he’s a great player with a lovely game, but it feels like Bullard wants the kudos of having a caddie read his putts, to make him look more professional.

Personally think he’d gain more confidence from reading it himself and just getting on with it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The putt reading was painful to watch. For me, it’s so hard to read putts for someone else because we all like to hit them differently; dead weight, take the break out, centre of the cup, side of the cup, all that sort of thing. And to be honest, Ange isn’t a great player or putting wizard. I know pro caddies do it, but those guys are highly trained and skilled and paid very well accordingly.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy watching these vids they’re doing, and he’s a great player with a lovely game, but it feels like Bullard wants the kudos of having a caddie read his putts, to make him look more professional.

Personally think he’d gain more confidence from reading it himself and just getting on with it.
Yeah, they do keep claiming that Ange is good at reading putts, but I'm not sure what evidence that's based on. I suppose a proper caddie would know his player well enough to know whether he likes a firm putt with less break or start it outside that line and die it in. Or even give both options for the read.

They touched upon it on the last video but Bullard seems to get the pace wrong more often than the line anyway. That's why I figure a putting lesson would be beneficial. I don't think he's hitting great putts and just reading the green wrong.

Teebs

Visit site
He might do OK at regional qualifying, but final qualifying - nope.
I might head to Fulford to watch the regional stuff in a few weeks time, just waiting to see the time times and who's down to play

phils226

Medal Winner
Visit site
He might do OK at regional qualifying, but final qualifying - nope.
I might head to Fulford to watch the regional stuff in a few weeks time, just waiting to see the time times and who's down to play
I've never attended but could make Frilford Heath. Can you just turn up and park or do you need to buy tickets?