Lessons!? Rick Shiels

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies guys! Some very valid points made here and certainly a lot to think about.

My club is Pontefract & District, West Yorkshire. One of the other factors for me is the driving range facilities at my course. It has a lovely little chipping/wedge area however the range itself is just a line of old mats. Due to the length of the range, drivers and woods are banned. This also puts me off slightly. As echoed in here, getting on with the pro/coach will for me make a massive difference.

If anyone has any recommendations round Pontefract/Leeds area please fire away. Im open to listening

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Out of curiosity Capella, do you do your lessons with Fletch in English or German?

It's a shame the Carter waltzed off to the Gulf, as I enjoyed Chris's appearances on the Improvemygolf channel, he seems like a really good guy.

I'm quite comfortable with English, so we normally stick to that, but the fact that Chris has lived and taught in Germany for so long definitely helps, because he knows what German golf courses and golf clubs are like, how the EGA handicap system works etc. Even Carter speaks a little bit of German, btw, and I am guessing with the international clientel he now has in Dubai, he might even improve on that.

I agree that it is a shame that Chris does not appear on the channel so much anymore. I hope they will get the chance to film a few videos together now that Carter is in Manchester for a holiday.

I wanted to join their trip to Dubai in November, but I can't get time off work. Looks like I won't be coming over to England either this year, but rather explore some more golf courses in my region of Germany instead. I really should try to find a local pro as well.