YouTubers.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The Iona/Harmon interview was great. Apart from the music at times being too overbearing.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I thought the course looked terrible, so agree with your comments.

I've played Stand - the first of the two - numerous times and it's not as easy as it looked. Played only a few weeks ago and it was in awful condition and looking at some temporary tees on the video, still not quite there yet.

Yeah it's improved a lot in just 2 weeks but it's about 6 weeks behind where it should be - when they've grown the rough out properly (not just overgrown) it frames the holes a lot better. The bunkers are a joke as well. But simple things like picking the grass clippings up is unforgivable.

The worst thing they ever did was promote the next longest serving greenkeeper to head greenkeeper when the previous one retired. It was one of the other lads who was driving standards and the oversight drove him away as well.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Peter Finch won a regional PGA event, so well done him. Although he missed a simple birdie on 17 and dropped one on 18 so it was a joint win.

Good to see him putting himself out there and under pressure. It was actuallyu nice to watch without his tedious funny man act every 10 second :LOL:

These events are a series he has put on isn’t it in his quest for the open because so many events got cancelled earlier in the year for the rain.

He’s definitely one of the better golfers on YouTube, also much better when he isn’t trying to be funny

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
These events are a series he has put on isn’t it in his quest for the open because so many events got cancelled earlier in the year for the rain.

He’s definitely one of the better golfers on YouTube, also much better when he isn’t trying to be funny
You could see he was a decent golfer way back at H4H at Camberley Heath when I played with him and Shiels. Given he doesn't really work on his game that such it is good to see him being competitive. I would love to see him get past regional qualifying and into final qualifying with some of the big names.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Mr Mickelson has entered the You Tube world.

If this trend continues then it'll be the death of smaller golf channels.

Who wants to watch a relative nobody when there are current tour players sticking out videos, that no doubt have huge production budgets and can pull in big names and play famous courses at will.

Yes I'm biased, but YouTube for me was set up to allow ordinary folk to make videos and maybe get a small following. It's not as though these guys need any more money.....

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

Who wants to watch a relative nobody when there are current tour players sticking out videos, that no doubt have huge production budgets and can pull in big names and play famous courses at will.

Yes I'm biased, but YouTube for me was set up to allow ordinary folk to make videos and maybe get a small following. It's not as though these guys need any more money.....

Very much this. The big names and the big companies have taken over Youtube content production. It used to be great for independent opinion but now, as soon as a channel gets serious traction, in steps a big company to sponsor or buy it or in steps a pro or a big name to take that share of the views.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

Thats just how a free market works though, right?
You Tube is a company that needs to make a profit, so they'll always promote the channels that will draw more eyeballs. Most of us that have had a crack at YouTube are urinating into a force 10 northwesterly of course, but if you do make interesting content, it should get some views. Clearly that becomes more challenging as creators with bigger budgets, and more importantly in Phils case, are globally recognised, enter the fray - but its still a great platform.

There’s still huge opportunities for growth in streaming services, as people break the habits of watching regular scheduled television.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Mr Mickelson has entered the You Tube world.

I gave it a try even though I don't really like Phil. I hoped for some kind of revelation like I had experienced with BdC. The outcome: I still don't like Phil.

The audio is crap, the video saturation is all over the place, and Phil just loves the sound of his own voice. I won't be watching any more. #FIGJAM

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I gave it a try even though I don't really like Phil. I hoped for some kind of revelation like I had experienced with BdC. The outcome: I still don't like Phil.

The audio is crap, the video saturation is all over the place, and Phil just loves the sound of his own voice. I won't be watching any more. #FIGJAM

Yeah, the editing and production is a little all over the place - if they plan to start pumping out regular content, which im not sure they are, there is some work to do there..

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Watching Jimmy Bullard getting a short game lesson with Dan Grieve, really recommend, boy Grieve looks like a cracking coach.

Shiels had a lesson off him a few months ago, obviously hasn't practiced it much but he really believes anyone can be a world class short game player as you don't need the physical side of the game (IE the speed) as much

His book is very good the "3 release"

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watching Jimmy Bullard getting a short game lesson with Dan Grieve, really recommend, boy Grieve looks like a cracking coach.
Already on my to-watch list. He desperately needs help - funnily enough I just watched the 'Golf Life major' video where
he played pretty much the worst I've ever seen him play. Albeit without his usual clubs, but I thought he was good enough for that not to matter. He was chipping like a 20 handicapper.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes I watched that and then have spent some time on the range and garden trying it … the neighbours windows have survived.
I tried it on course as well, I am not hitting crisp but it’s definitely an improvement over my usual mess.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Who are you watching?
Peter Finch is ok, he has quite a good mix of content.
How has Rick shiels got to 2million subs!
Crossfield, wishes he was shiels.
Danny Maude ? To excitable for me?
Me and my golf... Can't work these out but I'm not a fan.
Bad golf, I like the bloke off taskmaster
I watch Japanese women's wrestling on YouTube
and Korean dramas and sitcoms, subtitled, on Netflix.
This late into my dotage, I've suddenly acquired a fetish for attractive Asian women.

There's also one particular waitress at my favorite Cantonese restaurant in Boston who stimulates my appetite.
Unfortunately, the few Chinese phrases that I know are in Mandarin.
[ You couldn't teach them Mandarin when you ran Hong Kong?]

Geriatric relic that I am, I'm just admiring, not touching,
but I'm not sure what brought this on.