YouTubers.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bryson's latest 'Break 50' video (two man scramble from forward tees) is good fun. He's playing with Martin Borgmeier and it's very fast and full of positivity. I'd never liked BdC until he started putting stuff on YouTube but he's really growing on me.

Content wise I think he is the best golf related YouTuber now

Still enjoy ricks work but Bryson adds so much and is a great player

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Are there still any YouTubers out there who carry a camera and a tripod or is it all production crew and editors and the lot?

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just finished watching this, an absolute must watch in my opinion, Iona is a class act as is Butch.
Second this, a great interview.

One thing that puzzled me that how Iona with her background and access to golf turned up for a lesson with him using a driver that gave her 3,800 spin. That was the easiest “fix” a coach can have - “here, use this 8* head - or now we are carrying over 250 yds and the spin is under 2,500”:cool:

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Second this, a great interview.

One thing that puzzled me that how Iona with her background and access to golf turned up for a lesson with him using a driver that gave her 3,800 spin. That was the easiest “fix” a coach can have - “here, use this 8* head - or now we are carrying over 250 yds and the spin is under 2,500”:cool:
He did give her a shorter shaft in the driver as well?

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Well that wouldn't be hard, would it? :LOL:

Personally I like Crossfield's content but I'm also sure he probably rubs up 95% of people that he meets the wrong way.
True. I used to watch loads of Crossfield's course vlogs but he doesn't seem to do many any more. I'm not so interested in swing tips or equipment reviews so his content is not as relevant to me as it used to be. When watching his old course vlogs, I always found him funny but only when he was winning (which was most of the time), he quickly got tetchy if he was getting beaten. Lockey just seemed cheerful whenever he was on camera, even if he was getting thrashed.

Springveldt

Visit site
Pretty sure this guy posts now and again on the forum or at least used to as I remember watching a video a few years ago on his Honma ball test. The YouTube algo threw up this video at me this morning.

Looks decent but I'm not paying £110 for a bit of foam to stick between my arms.

Springveldt

Visit site
True. I used to watch loads of Crossfield's course vlogs but he doesn't seem to do many any more. I'm not so interested in swing tips or equipment reviews so his content is not as relevant to me as it used to be. When watching his old course vlogs, I always found him funny but only when he was winning (which was most of the time), he quickly got tetchy if he was getting beaten. Lockey just seemed cheerful whenever he was on camera, even if he was getting thrashed.
Tetchy is putting it nicely. I remember he had a real go at Rory in one of the videos for not announcing he gets a shot on a hole. I just remember thinking "if my mate talked to me like that then I'd have told him to F off on the spot."

As you say, Lockey just seems happy all the time.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pretty sure this guy posts now and again on the forum or at least used to as I remember watching a video a few years ago on his Honma ball test. The YouTube algo threw up this video at me this morning.

Looks decent but I'm not paying £110 for a bit of foam to stick between my arms.
Deleted his account for some reason.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

I think you can get much cheaper versions of those on the internet, or if you’re a proper cheapskate how about a half inflated beach ball 🤣