YouTubers.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Haven't visited this thread recently, but am very impressed by Golf Sidekick recently. Not your usual golf technique stuff, predominantly course management and the mental aspects.

What I really like is that he is a 3-4 HC, but to make it real when he makes a video like "how to break 90 without hitting over 200 yards" he plays left handed (he's about a 20 HC left handicap).

He is quite quirky too with some amusing sayings...well worth a watch in my opinion.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Tetchy is putting it nicely. I remember he had a real go at Rory in one of the videos for not announcing he gets a shot on a hole. I just remember thinking "if my mate talked to me like that then I'd have told him to F off on the spot."

As you say, Lockey just seems happy all the time.
Remember watching that video and put me right off him. I did enjoy their course vlogs until then. As you said if he spoke to me like that his driver would get rammed up his hole.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Haven't visited this thread recently, but am very impressed by Golf Sidekick recently. Not your usual golf technique stuff, predominantly course management and the mental aspects.

What I really like is that he is a 3-4 HC, but to make it real when he makes a video like "how to break 90 without hitting over 200 yards" he plays left handed (he's about a 20 HC left handicap).

He is quite quirky too with some amusing sayings...well worth a watch in my opinion.
Great tips on course management.

bigyin55

Visit site

He's easily the funniest golf YouTuber for my liking. Like a boss

Springveldt

Visit site

Been watching him for years, he has some great course management tips, especially for higher handicaps and beginners.

As you say, he seems quite quirky but it fits my sense of humour.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
The Iona interview with Butch is pure class!

Echoing the sentiments about Golfsidekick too, always enjoy his videos - nearly wet myself in his latest one when it cuts to him on the tee looking like The Joker.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Iona interview with Butch is pure class!

Echoing the sentiments about Golfsidekick too, always enjoy his videos - nearly wet myself in his latest one when it cuts to him on the tee looking like The Joker.
I've always been a fan but I have to dip in and out, because I think it's hard for him to create new content that he hasn't done before. It always seems to be how to break this number or that number, or how to play at this or that handicap, but really it's just him playing and he tailors the title based on what happened. He is very funny though.

PingAnser

Visit site
Luke Kwon does some top quality course vlogs, new series out now....plays with 2 guys called Tooms and Taco golf (who is hilarious....has his own channel)

4LEX

Visit site
Peter Finch won a regional PGA event, so well done him. Although he missed a simple birdie on 17 and dropped one on 18 so it was a joint win.

Good to see him putting himself out there and under pressure. It was actuallyu nice to watch without his tedious funny man act every 10 second :LOL:

Skytot

Visit site
Peter Finch won a regional PGA event, so well done him. Although he missed a simple birdie on 17 and dropped one on 18 so it was a joint win.

Good to see him putting himself out there and under pressure. It was actuallyu nice to watch without his tedious funny man act every 10 second :LOL:
Was this at Sand Moor ? We played it on Friday and it got mentioned about the tournament… Great course & very friendly staff .

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

He's playing really good golf. Posted a fine score too in that Myrtle beach qualifier thing. He's definitely on the higher end of full time YouTubers who can play the game to a very high standard

4LEX

Visit site
Was this at Sand Moor ? We played it on Friday and it got mentioned about the tournament… Great course & very friendly staff .

The first one was Stand Golf Club which looked very easy, the one he won was at Knott Hill I think it was. That looked a lot tougher and on the coast.

4LEX

Visit site
He's playing really good golf. Posted a fine score too in that Myrtle beach qualifier thing. He's definitely on the higher end of full time YouTubers who can play the game to a very high standard

I think he deserves a lot of credit for actually entering and putting his game on the line in professional events. That takes real bottle. His game is definitely picking up but he really has no wedge game and often missed greens from within 100 yards. Chipping and bunker play was excellent in comparison.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Iona interviewing butch Harmon
1 hour that I didn't think I'd sit through, now I wish it was 3 times as long

Well worth the time
Thanks for that.

Just watched it.

I couldn't help thinking back to some Parkinson interviews, such as the Orson Wellles one.

Ask a few simple questions and let the other person do the talking.

Great piece of viewing.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
The first one was Stand Golf Club which looked very easy, the one he won was at Knott Hill I think it was. That looked a lot tougher and on the coast.

It was knott end, my home course, and its right on the Wyre Estuary.

Pretty easy course when it's still but when the wind picks up (as it did for petes vid) it can be brutal.

Thought the course looked alright on film actually but disappointed they hadn't picked up the grass clippings on some of the fairways. But trying to explain that the course could be viewed by hundreds of thousands of people on YouTube and provide some fantastic free advertising for the course would be completely lost on the committee sadly.

Burnsey

Visit site
It was knott end, my home course, and its right on the Wyre Estuary.

Pretty easy course when it's still but when the wind picks up (as it did for petes vid) it can be brutal.

Thought the course looked alright on film actually but disappointed they hadn't picked up the grass clippings on some of the fairways. But trying to explain that the course could be viewed by hundreds of thousands of people on YouTube and provide some fantastic free advertising for the course would be completely lost on the committee sadly.

I thought the course looked terrible, so agree with your comments.

I've played Stand - the first of the two - numerous times and it's not as easy as it looked. Played only a few weeks ago and it was in awful condition and looking at some temporary tees on the video, still not quite there yet.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Thanks for that.

Just watched it.

I couldn't help thinking back to some Parkinson interviews, such as the Orson Wellles one.

Ask a few simple questions and let the other person do the talking.

Great piece of viewing.

Yeah Harmon is def a talker and Iona is good enough to gauge how involved/vocal she needs to be with the different personalities she's talking to but she still looked like she was so engrossed in his comments rather than mentally composing next question/nodding dog style

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yeah Harmon is def a talker and Iona is good enough to gauge how involved/vocal she needs to be with the different personalities she's talking to but she still looked like she was so engrossed in his comments rather than mentally composing next question/nodding dog style
Harmon has the persona. You know he has done it and Iona is a decent journalist so it was a perfect match but like her I think I'd be engrossed in every word Harmon was saying