YouTubers.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Don't usually watch James Robinson, but he was at my course (Fulford) last week and did a pretty good video imho.
Would have been better if he'd done a bit of homework on 17th, as he thought it was Greg Norman that climbed the tree!

Springveldt

Visit site
I never watch normal TV - can't remember the last time I sat down at a certain time to watch anything on terrestrial tv - I'm not even sure I've done that in the last 3 or 4 years. I'll occasionally put Sky Sports Golf on while I'm sat in the kitchen at my laptop and watch whatever happens to be on. I average around 2 hours a day watching You Tube - but some of that will include music video playlists I've put on to listen to while I'm working.
Same here, the only thing I watch live are sport events. Golf, football, NFL and F1 mainly.

Everything else in this house is either YouTube, Netflix, Amazon or Disney+.

I can easily sit and watch hours of YouTube at night just by letting the algorithm take me down the rabbit hole. Before you know it I'm watching a lion fight off a pack of hyena's for some reason.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Same here, the only thing I watch live are sport events. Golf, football, NFL and F1 mainly.

Everything else in this house is either YouTube, Netflix, Amazon or Disney+.

I can easily sit and watch hours of YouTube at night just by letting the algorithm take me down the rabbit hole. Before you know it I'm watching a lion fight off a pack of hyena's for some reason.

I saw that. I had to laugh 😃

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Don't usually watch James Robinson, but he was at my course (Fulford) last week and did a pretty good video imho.
Would have been better if he'd done a bit of homework on 17th, as he thought it was Greg Norman that climbed the tree!

I think Chris Dennis is a good accompaniment to JR - who can be a little OTT at times. The series they’re currently doing is a great watch - enjoyed the Fulford video. I’ve still got memories of travelling to my grandads caravan at Filey as a kid and seeing the signs for the Benson and Hedges tournament at the side of the A64 (y)

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was really enjoying the start of the course ( more than the 2 guys playing) and then the 'banter'/nonsense chatter really started to do my head in!! When they got to the 5th I had to turn off.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Who are they? What makes them stand out from the pack?

I'm in work so can't see this just yet.

It’s 3 of the sidemen and their mates who are also successful YouTubers

Sidemen are probably the biggest group of YouTubers around… they’re a huge cultural influence on young kids/teenagers probably the biggest needle mover in youth culture for the past 5 year in this country

Their core audience are all probably entering their late teens so if they catch the golf bug it can only be a good thing

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It’s 3 of the sidemen and their mates who are also successful YouTubers

Sidemen are probably the biggest group of YouTubers around… they’re a huge cultural influence on young kids/teenagers probably the biggest needle mover in youth culture for the past 5 year in this country

Their core audience are all probably entering their late teens so if they catch the golf bug it can only be a good thing

Good stuff. As you say it can only be a good thing. :)

D

Deleted member 29109

Who are they? What makes them stand out from the pack?

I'm in work so can't see this just yet.
They aren’t dull middle aged or old men for a start 😆.

Their main channel has nearly 10x the subscribers of Rick Shiels and more than the top 10 golf YouTube channels combined.

Across all of their channels they have over 150 million subscribers. They have getting on for 50 billion views of their content.
Shiels for comparison is around 800 million.

They only need to influence a small percentage of their followers to grow the game more than anyone already involved in golf.

LincolnShep

Head Pro
Visit site
Bryson's latest 'Break 50' video (two man scramble from forward tees) is good fun. He's playing with Martin Borgmeier and it's very fast and full of positivity. I'd never liked BdC until he started putting stuff on YouTube but he's really growing on me.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Bryson's latest 'Break 50' video (two man scramble from forward tees) is good fun. He's playing with Martin Borgmeier and it's very fast and full of positivity. I'd never liked BdC until he started putting stuff on YouTube but he's really growing on me.
That's my late-evening (well, early morning) viewing sorted out thanks. :)