YouTubers.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
In general, I'd like to see them all playing more regular courses, rather than just the bucket list courses that are out of reach for most of us.
I agree. It's nice to see the top courses every now and again, but constantly just gets a bit annoying.

What else is weird is how these youtubers will play a tree lined course, hit the ball way right or left, yet never lose a ball...

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I agree. It's nice to see the top courses every now and again, but constantly just gets a bit annoying.

What else is weird is how these youtubers will play a tree lined course, hit the ball way right or left, yet never lose a ball...
With the drones, camera footage and about 8 people looking they must get a pretty good idea of where it has ended up but yeah - they must be dropping a few to avoid going back to the tee.

4LEX

Visit site
Jimmy Bullard's quest for The Open will be good. Just watched the prep round for it and he's definitely got in it him to get to the final stage. His driving is ridiculous. Shout out to his caddie Big Ange for reading putts and never saying anything other than 'not much in this one' on almost every putt! :ROFLMAO:

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Jimmy Bullard's quest for The Open will be good. Just watched the prep round for it and he's definitely got in it him to get to the final stage. His driving is ridiculous. Shout out to his caddie Big Ange for reading putts and never saying anything other than 'not much in this one' on almost every putt! :ROFLMAO:
I've watched him a bit online, good player but don't think he'll be anywhere close to that standard

4LEX

Visit site
I've watched him a bit online, good player but don't think he'll be anywhere close to that standard

I know someone who is a PGA pro and got to the final stage a few years ago and this was someone who struggled to break 75! I would beat him on a regular basis but he had a one off round when it mattered.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bullard's problem is putting in my opinion. His ball-striking through the bag is so good but he never makes enough putts, certainly not as many as you'd expect him to. That lets him down a lot. The claw-chipping thing is weird but it seems to work for him - putting is where he loses out.

4LEX

Visit site
Bullard's problem is putting in my opinion. His ball-striking through the bag is so good but he never makes enough putts, certainly not as many as you'd expect him to. That lets him down a lot. The claw-chipping thing is weird but it seems to work for him - putting is where he loses out.

Yep he's a poor putter and takes too long overthinking with all the aim point nonsense. He's capable of getting himself into shape to shoot a few under par in the first round of qualifying though.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Yep he's a poor putter and takes too long overthinking with all the aim point nonsense. He's capable of getting himself into shape to shoot a few under par in the first round of qualifying though.

Be interesting to see if he recognises that - you'd think with his profile (and money) that he could just get an extremely experienced caddy for the qualifying itself to take a bit of the load out of the green reading side of it.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Really good. Harrington still has some enthusiasm for the game.
I laughed when Harrington asked Finch - after Finch had been moaning and berating himself about his rubbish golf over a few holes, each of which he had bogied, and through which his moaning had got worse - WTTEO

“Let me ask you something. Are you arrogant enough to think you can have a bad attitude and play good golf…because none of us are”…🤣

Then I thought of myself…🤔🙄

bigyin55

Visit site
I laughed when Harrington asked Finch - after Finch had been moaning and berating himself about his rubbish golf over a few holes, each of which he had bogied, and through which his moaning had got worse - WTTEO

“Let me ask you something. Are you arrogant enough to think you can have a bad attitude and play good golf…because none of us are”…🤣

Like Harrington's zero bullshit outlook on things. Also liked him basically saying gimmes are a lot of nonsense and every player should be putting out.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site

That's the first Finch video I've watched in years, I too can't stand him - watched it mainly for Harrington and he was brilliant, just calls it as it is and I love his obvious enthusiasm for the game.

It also confirmed that I still don't like Finch :D

bigyin55

Visit site
I liked his take on gimmes a lot. I've noticed on certain YouTube channels the length being given is often ridiculous.
I've no been playing long and even within a year the boys I play with are saying 'thats good mate' when I'm within a few feet. How will I ever know what it's like to hole they putts if I never hit them. Always putt out now no matter how close I am.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've no been playing long and even within a year the boys I play with are saying 'thats good mate' when I'm within a few feet. How will I ever know what it's like to hole they putts if I never hit them. Always putt out now no matter how close I am.
Definitely. Sometimes the closer ones are the hardest of all!!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Definitely. Sometimes the closer ones are the hardest of all!!
Liked that he said that in his prime he wasn’t that bothered if his GIR number was poor because his greatest strength was his short game, and if you can get all your chips to 2ft and hole all these putts then you’ll come to believe that you are a brilliant putter. And with belief…👍

Really enjoyed Harrington’s part in it…but in truth no great fan of Finch.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Gimmies should be outlawed from the game (yes I occasionally do give them), but we can all miss putts from 15 inch or so, well within what most people would class as ‘gimme’ range. If it’s as good as in the hole, knock it in.
Exactly the logic that I use when my rollup buddies moan about having to hole all putts when playing the 1 in 4 Saturday that the club requires our rollup to be played acceptable for WHS.

Gimmies have always been a thing for our rollup - and some moan that having to hole out will slow things down. I say that if it’s close enough to be a gimme then it should be a walk up and, with minimum fuss or bother, a tap-in - no marking, lifting, cleaning, lining up of lines etc etc should be necessary.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Finch v. Harrington was quite entertaining.
Just watched it.

As others have said, Finch grates on me too, but loved Harrington.

I have said before that I wasn't impressed with Finch in the last Rick video - not sure why, but for some reason his voice and general attitude makes him hard to watch for me.

Even worse is the editing - the way he flips around with camera angles on a shot and with conversations makes me think he almost should give a warning to people who suffer when there are flashing images.

He seems to be boasting about how many cameras he has whilst chopping the videos here and there with the continuous sound video.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When I'm playing fun golf people who insist on holing out just slow things up. Can't be bothered. Of course if your score is counting you have to hole out , but for social golf it just slows things up. Like taking the pin out used to when you couldn't leave it in under the rules.

When I'm playing with a mate we will just knock the ball back if it is close. My Mrs like to hole things out , takes about twice as long.