YouTubers.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
100%, I agree they look good but not a chance am I wearing them or buying a shiels putter cover lol 🤣

My main issue with the shoes will be I get my eccos at a good price when they are last season's or being sold off.. no way will I pay for limited additions like that aha
£200 😬

4LEX

Visit site
I've always found him pretty funny, but as someone else said he works better as part of a pair humour wise . Which I'd agree with. Him and rick have a good chemistry

Was a good video, I do enjoy their golf bidder challenge

Becoming more of a challenge tho no? £500 is worth less and less these days and the clubs they had compared to some they have had before

I don't see why they keep flogging the Golfbidder name apart from the money. Maybe a bail out if they play badly they can use the clubs as an excuse?

I'd love to see a three series match with their own clubs, one match at Rick's pick of course, another at Finch's and then the subscribers pick the one at a neutral place where they can turn up and watch.

Would make great viewing.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't see why they keep flogging the Golfbidder name apart from the money. Maybe a bail out if they play badly they can use the clubs as an excuse?

I'd love to see a three series match with their own clubs, one match at Rick's pick of course, another at Finch's and then the subscribers pick the one at a neutral place where they can turn up and watch.

Would make great viewing.
Presumambly its a, 'This episode is sponsored by, Golfbidder'

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
No idea who they are so it's probably not for me. Let alone most of the guys on this forum.. :LOL:

Seb Carmichael Brown is the only one I’m familiar with, but while I was watching the video my apprentice was listening and recognised the voices.
Pretty sure Jamie will sub to most of them as well - so in that regard, it’s great for the game.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like Rick and his content, but likewise I'm not having merchandise with his initials on!

Guy I played with yesterday had a RS putter cover. I was like as if you bought that

Apparently his mum got it for him as it's his actual initials.. let him off for that 🤣

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Seb Carmichael Brown is the only one I’m familiar with, but while I was watching the video my apprentice was listening and recognised the voices.
Pretty sure Jamie will sub to most of them as well - so in that regard, it’s great for the game.
Seb Carmichael Brown…now there’s a guy with a rather inflated sense of himself and of his importance - though that was rather down to William Hunt esq.

4LEX

Visit site
Seb Carmichael Brown…now there’s a guy with a rather inflated sense of himself and of his importance - though that was rather down to William Hunt esq.

He's an underrated golfer though, shot sub par many times and doesn't give it the big one like Shiels. Has an air of arrogance about him generally, probably from being a success in other areas of sport/social media.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He's an underrated golfer though, shot sub par many times and doesn't give it the big one like Shiels. Has an air of arrogance about him generally, probably from being a success in other areas of sport/social media.

Really don't get people's problem with rick..is it jealousy? I mean seems a down to earth guy who just found a gap in the market and has made something of it

Doesn't mind putting himself out there

Doesn't gloss over his rubbish play

Very likable guy it seems 🤔

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Really don't get people's problem with rick..is it jealousy? I mean seems a down to earth guy who just found a gap in the market and has made something of it

Not his fault, but probably that his profile and subscribers numbers seems magnitudes out of proportion to any, and thats probably nil for many, quality or content superiority over his competitors.

He is a bit of everything, matches, coaching, gear, podcast. But I would say there are better channels in each facet.

Like a lot of things on the internet, he just built the numbers early and wuickly, and reached a threshold that ensures success without actually being better. Possession being nine tenths of the internet.
That builds in an expectation. And then some criticism when people realise he has nothing exceptional, and actually many others offer superior product.
His podcast especially became so filled with somniferous personal banalities and navel gazing on his success ('merch', new channels, upcoming wheezes, etc), as to be totally redundant.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I stopped listening to his podcast. It's a shame as it was really good for the first 2 or 3 years, but eventually they were just regurgitating the same stuff and then would throw in clickbait titles.

The weird thing about online personalities is that whilst they get a lot of hate, they also get a lot of oddball sycophants who defend their heroes no matter what. I'm guessing these are the ones who will be buying 'merch'.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site

I would be interested to see how many of his 1st few thousand subscribers are still part of his current few million subscribers. I used to watch him a lot but then from one video to the next one he went full click bate. Worked well for him, but not for me.

I watched a couple recently. But I don’t resubscribe, not watching it enough for that.