YouTubers.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just finished watching the grant horvat v Sergio match. Really good viewing actually, was surprised. Sergio came across really well. Won’t give away the result but throughout, the putting was exceptional.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Tetchy is putting it nicely. I remember he had a real go at Rory in one of the videos for not announcing he gets a shot on a hole. I just remember thinking "if my mate talked to me like that then I'd have told him to F off on the spot."

As you say, Lockey just seems happy all the time.

Yeah I remember that. His merciless ribbing of people often came across as unnecessarily cruel.

Edit: just checked out his channel and he's got a live lesson with Rory, so clearly all is well...

Last edited:

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Haven't visited this thread recently, but am very impressed by Golf Sidekick recently. Not your usual golf technique stuff, predominantly course management and the mental aspects.

What I really like is that he is a 3-4 HC, but to make it real when he makes a video like "how to break 90 without hitting over 200 yards" he plays left handed (he's about a 20 HC left handicap).

He is quite quirky too with some amusing sayings...well worth a watch in my opinion.

Used to like him but he's become a bit of a cult. Some chap made a comment about strokes gained on one of the community posts (Sidekick thinks it's all waffle) and he reposted it and all his acolytes piled on the guy. He eventually pulled it down. 🙄

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Said it a couple of times, the only instruction of the golf swing worth watching imo is Porzak Golf. He teaches some good US college players and finding him by chance when I was looking to sort out my backswing was a lucky break. He just has an excellent way of explaining how the swing works. His channel is more like a golf lesson re: his swing principles rather than a bunch of random tips.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I'm watching it now. I have to say, how much better is Finch than Shiels? Not long ago Shiels played Westy with a ten shot head start and still got his arse handed to him!
Finch is in a completely different league to Shiels and looked embarrassed at times that he was beating Westwood.

You can see why he is struggling on tour.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Possibly the funniest, most fun golf video I've seen.
This is, in my mind, a superb channel as is Luke Kwon's channel.
The videography is also superb and the courses are to die for!

wull

Tour Rookie
Visit site
YouTube golf at the moment is awesome, so much variety to keep everyone happy. If I’m honest I don’t tend to watch much of Rick now unless he has a special guest.

What I do hate is when they use the term “my game is trending just now” 👀

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm definitely becoming one of those watching more YouTube golf than tv golf.
I'll pick and choose what tournaments I'll watch on tv.
I just like the flexibility of YouTube watching, you can pick a time that suits and find a video of a certain length that fills the gap you have.
I never thought I'd enjoy watching handicap golfers playing course vlogs but there is something relatable about the shots they're playing.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Anyone see Bullards video this morning with him playing in Clutch tour event?
Prefered lies in operation but it looks like he's breaking the rule when replacing as he's placing ball in front of the tee. That to me is closer the hole

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Haven't seen it yet, will check it out
See what you think. Obviously we don't see all the placing as it's not on camera but there are 2 on the front nine that don't look ok to me.
My understanding on placing is "within 6 inches but not closer the hole". Obviously an inch or two closer makes little difference overall but it's still breaking a rule

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
See what you think. Obviously we don't see all the placing as it's not on camera but there are 2 on the front nine that don't look ok to me.
My understanding on placing is "within 6 inches but not closer the hole". Obviously an inch or two closer makes little difference overall but it's still breaking a rule
Did he mark it behind the ball before lifting?