What Have You Got to Look Forward to During Lockdown

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We're starting a running club in ICU and trying to get the cumulative miles of the team to take us from Lands End to John O'Groats. Think they are looking at splitting everyone into teams to give it a competitive edge. I can't run too far these days with my dodgy knees but see it as a chance to at least shuffle around the block (not sure I can even do that as of today)

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Have been working on increasing muscle mass and I am quite pleased with my upper body development. I need to do a lot more work on lower body now so getting a new exercise bike and increasing walking distances.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
My mate at school was awesome at art.
He ended up working for Disney animation.
Must be nice to have a talent like that I am very envious.
Your drawings are fantastic, but unfortunately I dont have a pet.
Cheers club champ, its a talent I had almost forgotten about - worked in banking all my life and did very little in the last 20 odd years. Always intended to pick it up again once I retired but didn't expect to ever be charging for it! Its great though, can earn a few quid doing something I enjoy, which helps pass the time when there isn't a lot to do due to Covid!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just told at work today we're now week on, 2 off, doing that twice will take us to mid Feb and we see what the situation is.

I'm very conscious I'm one of the lucky ones on a guaranteed salary at the moment, just need to make sure I stay positive and busy-ish. Good opportunity to spend plenty of time in the on-site gym, maybe even venture out for some road running ?.

14th Feb is my yearly increment pay rise, so that's another milestone...

next youll tell us theres an onsite course you can play a few holes on ;)

gl with valentines :)

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've ordered myself a lego set. The London one, Las Vegas was sold out unfortunately. I need something to do on the weekend rather than refresh the same 3 apps all day.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
In lockdown 1 I set up as a pet commission artist, having recently retired early, rekindling an interest in drawing that I hadn't used for many years. Now, some 50+ commissions later, I am hoping to continue and grow the portfolio. If anyone is interested, most of my work is on my instagram page

https://www.instagram.com/stevejeffery23/

If anyone is interested in getting a portrait of their own pet, please get in touch. I have done some for forum members already :)

Very good stuff Steve, makes my efforts look poor ??

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I am planning (looking forward ?) to finish the decorating I started last lockdown and neglected to finish after the courses opened again ?

The downside is we've just had to buy new thermal curtains and poles for three bedrooms, which has dented my Lofoten fund....

Also looking forward to more Netflix, just need to prioritise some decent drama.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
My lockdown really isnt..
Working as normal tomorrow I’m taking a return lease car from home to a car auction place near Bath.

1/2 mile walk to the station, train to Swansea short walk to destination, collect another ex lease car to take home for onward delivery next week.
we have full PPE, cars are keyless go so we don’t need to handle the keys, no physical interaction with clients and the trains are empty, we wipe down the cars before use and sanitize hands regularly.

it’s as safe as we can make it, we also have a weekly test, negative so far.

it may not be essential travel, but it’s work and it’s allowed

Was in Weston Super Mare on Monday
Coventry today

Roads are very quiet which makes life easier.

Only thing missing from normal is the golf clubs being shut

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well it turns out I'm going to London to an office on Monday, for the first time since last March. The boss of the second project I've been doing cover on for two months wants me to attend a meeting with the girl who's returning and him - and I guess he's not a fan of Zoom. I thought about objecting but it'll be nice to get out tbh. I wonder what I did with my shirts?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Well it turns out I'm going to London to an office on Monday, for the first time since last March. The boss of the second project I've been doing cover on for two months wants me to attend a meeting with the girl who's returning and him - and I guess he's not a fan of Zoom. I thought about objecting but it'll be nice to get out tbh. I wonder what I did with my shirts?
And, possibly more to the point...do they fit?:unsure: