What Have You Got to Look Forward to During Lockdown

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Lol. Exactly what I started doing back then as well. Did a 25 min HIIT with Mr Wicks yesterday, so time for a 5k run today.

And I have actually got into the training again so it's something that I do look forward too.

Did the Boxing Day work out earlier this afternoon. It's rubbish compared to his other HIIT videos. At one point he gets you to do "silly dancing". Avoid that one unless you want to laugh at him!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Got my vaccination (Pfizer first one) to look forward to tomorrow. Then I'm invincible right????

Got a few irons in fires for golf related stuff later in the to get on top of so that'll help partially scratch the golfing itch. Helping HID to film some virtual gardening tips for the kids in school gardening club which should be fun

D

Deleted member 25172

Did the Boxing Day work out earlier this afternoon. It's rubbish compared to his other HIIT videos. At one point he gets you to do "silly dancing". Avoid that one unless you want to laugh at him!

:ROFLMAO:

I stick with a few old ones so I know what I have ahead of me instead.

Just finished my 5k run for today. My best time since starting exercising again doing 5min 18sec per km. Well happy with that. Never been much of a runner.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I found out that the recycling centre remains open so that's an hour a day to use up, sitting in the car in the queue.

Might now be able to get rid of all the stuff I could not get rid of in the first lockdown.

Had my trip to the dump today!!! Was packed....far busier than in recent weeks.

Luckily they are still operating a booking system so there's not really any queueing necessary.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I am hoping to move, we hope to exchange this week or next and move in teh next 2 weeks after that and complete. Should make a big difference as we are upsizing by quite a bit and lots more room for work at home for us as well as a games room/garage with Dartboard, Putting Mat and Table tennis table which should be perfect for the next few months.

Just waiting on solicitors who have been closed till yesterday

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The influx of requests from friends who havent done their tax returns due on the 31st of Jan yet who would like to pick my brains (read fill their tax return in for them)

Most years it drives me nuts, this year Im embracing it :)

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
In lockdown 1 I set up as a pet commission artist, having recently retired early, rekindling an interest in drawing that I hadn't used for many years. Now, some 50+ commissions later, I am hoping to continue and grow the portfolio. If anyone is interested, most of my work is on my instagram page

https://www.instagram.com/stevejeffery23/

If anyone is interested in getting a portrait of their own pet, please get in touch. I have done some for forum members already :)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mates daughter just bought a house.
I am helping out refurbish it.
On my own ,when I work is all I ask .
Dug a ditch today for the new water main , I am knackered but enjoyed the hands on .

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
In lockdown 1 I set up as a pet commission artist, having recently retired early, rekindling an interest in drawing that I hadn't used for many years. Now, some 50+ commissions later, I am hoping to continue and grow the portfolio. If anyone is interested, most of my work is on my instagram page

https://www.instagram.com/stevejeffery23/

If anyone is interested in getting a portrait of their own pet, please get in touch. I have done some for forum members already :)

Drawings are excellent, congrats and good luck

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Fortunate to have some beautiful countryside just outside my back door.
Most days I am doing 3 to 4 mile hill walks but will probably add a bit to that.
Due my jab in Feb and hopefully my wife's as well as she turns 70 at the end of January.
A bit of decorating and some garden prep for spring should keep me busy.
I also read quite a lot.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Treated myself to a new car. Bit of a sod I can’t go anywhere, but it looks nice on the driveway.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
1. Work
2. 4 new tyres (best part of a grand gone)
3. Project coming to an end so on site for 2 weeks from next week stuck in a budget hotel with my bubble comprising of 75 sub-contractors on site that can't physically socially distance.

Keeping positive and looking forward to being able to go out for meals and have a few drinks and day trips out / weekends away in the summer (fingers crossed)

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Just been out for a walk and it’s not stopping anyone else driving around.
Traffic was just as normal????

Aha! But I’ve deliberately bought a gas guzzling 3.0 V6, so won’t actually be able to afford to drive it.

There’s method in my madness.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Still working but I've set myself a challenge of running 100miles by the end of January, from Xmas eve. Completed 25% yesterday. If I go well I'll take off what I did between 24th and 31st December and just do it as a January challenge.

Hopefully we'll get a moving date too, had two things break around the house which I've paid to have fixed as I wouldn't want the new owners to have to pay, hope nothing else goes wrong.