What Have You Got to Look Forward to During Lockdown

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nice to see a few taking up baking. I have always enjoyed cooking but never really found time to get to grips with baking. Think there is a stand mixer at a good price in Lidl from Sunday so I may pick one up in the weekly shop and give it a go.

D

Deleted member 16999

Exercise once a day.

Sort a few jobs around the house.

Spend time with family.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If anyone finds that they enjoy baking and want to upgrade their mixer then the only route is a Kitchen Aid. Expensive but the business and they last. Properly solid bits of kit, plenty of attachments available.

Not worth buying as your first one but if you go cheap and want to step up, it is the one to go for.

Back to the question ....................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm sure something will come to me at some point.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Getting back into learning the guitar. Started again on New Year's Day and hard-earned callouses all gone so need to build them up again to play more.

Jigsaws may make a comeback.

On-call firefighter training which is my main focus. First day yesterday and survived with just the one telling off (hands in pockets as it was freezing until we put PPE on and ran out hoses)!

Today feeling a bit blah though. Training tonight so taking it easy as didn't sleep well with head buzzing after yesterday. Just need to find a new routine and I'll be fine.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Steep learning curve but brilliant bit of kit. I looked at it when I started doing videos but because I found it tough to get into I opted for something more user friendly. Better in terms of getting editing done quickly and its functional but definitely not as polished as lightworks
I don't know, I was just making standard videos with the laptop camera software before. Not tried any other softwares. I Googled some review sites that suggested Lightworks was the best free one, so I downloaded it as something to mess about with. If I can't figure it out, no harm done. :LOL:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Nice to see a few taking up baking. I have always enjoyed cooking but never really found time to get to grips with baking. Think there is a stand mixer at a good price in Lidl from Sunday so I may pick one up in the weekly shop and give it a go.
I picked up a Russell Hobbs one from Argos. £20 off and gets decent reviews.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Back to my November routine of 5k runs and Joe Wicks HIIT on alternate days.

Was going to go for my first run earlier but it was freezing and hailstones when I was out with the dog, which put me off somewhat!

Got an appointment with Mr Wicks instead. Have been putting it off as well, but will be doing it in the next hour.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I've got a couple of hundred :eek: several sets of :oops: one or two vintage clubs that need a bit of restoration, but the garage is bloody freezing so they can wait.

Got the cross trainer out the garage towards the end of last year so will spend some time on that, also some light weights and a bit of yoga to try and keep in shape.

And I ought to do the decorating that I didn't get round to in the previous lockdowns.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

this is the one i bought and for a starter its good enough
also get the silicone baking sheets if they have them
if they haven't got the mixer then you can always pick up a chainsaw, welders mask and a surf board :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fingers crossed moving house next week. Solicitor only rang totally out of the blue on 23rd December to say everyone in chain are ready and people want to do 14th Jan. couldn’t book skip or removal firm until yesterday as all closed for Xmas.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I found out that the recycling centre remains open so that's an hour a day to use up, sitting in the car in the queue.

Might now be able to get rid of all the stuff I could not get rid of in the first lockdown.

D

Deleted member 25172

Back to my November routine of 5k runs and Joe Wicks HIIT on alternate days.

Was going to go for my first run earlier but it was freezing and hailstones when I was out with the dog, which put me off somewhat!

Got an appointment with Mr Wicks instead. Have been putting it off as well, but will be doing it in the next hour.

Lol. Exactly what I started doing back then as well. Did a 25 min HIIT with Mr Wicks yesterday, so time for a 5k run today.

And I have actually got into the training again so it's something that I do look forward too.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Stop eating rubbish
drink lots of water
exercise (lots)
wait for my vaccination (I am clinically extreme)

Then, enjoy freedom! some more specific lockdown goals,

Work up to 50 chin-ups. I can do 10 today.
Get body fat % back down to sub 11%