What Have You Got to Look Forward to During Lockdown

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Too much doom and gloom around so, what have you got to look forward to during lockdown (please no replies of 'nothing' as this thread is meant to be a more upbeat one that may even give people a few ideas. So, for me I have at the moment:

1. 3 weekends of streamed gigs by Miles Hunt from the Wonderstuff that I bought an online ticket for. His free stuff during lockdown has been great to glad to have the opportunity to pay something back through paying for this. Will be Saturday evenings, sat at the dining room table with some nice wine, a takeaway and the live stream on the laptop.

2. A Passenger streamed gig on Sunday that I got a free pass for as his show in February has been postponed.

3. Time with my new XBox and Cyberpunk 2077 that I never had the time to get started on over Xmas.

4. A couple of model kits. Bought cheap in Lidl last lockdown as a bit of a joke but actually the kid in me is really looking forward to building them.

So, anyone else had anything on hold that they can get under way over the next couple of months.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Might as well spend the time reviewing the contents of the golf bag, maybe some regriping too....
Jeez..it's gonna be a long 6 weeks:ROFLMAO:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

Yep got that as well. Been finding things to fill weekends so as it feels like a release from work rather than a couple of days to get through before work starts again. That has been an issue for me as, with all of my normal activities and social contact removed, weekends have not been the stress relieving pressure valve that they should be.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Still got some decorating to do from previous lockdown.

Endless gardening which I hate with every fibre of my being.

Lego Technic Lamborghini from Christmas to build.

Lego Star Destroyer to build.

I've many airfix type models I could build.

I've my level 2 coaching project to finish. Which should really take priority.

However I'll probably watch a load of TV and play on the PS5.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I consider myself fortunate in that diaries finally aligned and I had a golf lesson on Sunday - pleased it wasn't booked for this week. So I have some stuff to work on without the distraction of the golf course and falling back into usual habits.
(will be in garden)

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Work where depressingly it is the most normal place to be. The last bastion of reality. Got a choice of two Costas we can sit inside and gnaw on chocolate twists and a hazelnut latte.
No there is no jobs! :ROFLMAO:

Other than that taking the dogs to the golf course.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I feel very fortunate that I don’t live in a flat with no room or garden outside,I’m not sure I could cope with that.
However I purchased some gym equipment 3 year ago and now I’m in the gym 3 or 4 times a week for an hour or so.
Get out on my bike regularly and take my son running 4 or 5 times a week during lockdown.
Lockdown is actually good for him as he generally picks up an illness pretty quick when at school.
The wife’s working from home which is great.
The dog needs a walk every day so overall it’s not too bad.
Downside is too much social media as it drags you down and sport is rank with no supporters and atmosphere.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
1. Still being alive.

2. Playing a lot more guitar.

3. Eating lots of sandwiches because my wife has just bought herself a bread maker.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
i) Having a roof over my head, food on the table and a wife who bought good golf stuff for Xmas that I might actually be able to use one day! :)
ii) Not having to commute and spend the week in a hotel away from sed wife and the dogs
iii) Open the font door and rural walks in every direction
iv) Golf net in garden if I get the urge!
v) Peace and quiet
vi) I can turn off the news and not hear the folk who were demanding stronger measures, now moaning about their implementation!
vii) Day dream about playing golf when the weather improve
viii) Messing about on here when I should be writing the Board Pack which is due on Thursday! :)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Doing my lads 2019-20 SA Tax return with him :)

And a jigsaw or two...or three...or ten...(depending how long we are stuck in L/D)

Not quite sure of timing of when Mrs and I will get our daily exercise as our normal countryside walks will not be a lot of fun in the dark... but we'll get a walk.

Continued focus on losing weight. Get down to about 82.5kg (13st) by end of January - hopefully by end of next week. If achieved by end of next week - then 81kg by end of January. Not been 81kg or under since 1996.

Doing a bit more baking - did some over Christmas and new Year and enjoyed it (but note contradiction with weight objective)

Last edited:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I bought myself a food mixer the other day. I've always wanted to do some baking (my Mum used to do loads of it) so looking forward to giving that a go.

I bought a stand mixer from Lidl in November and love it. i have always enjoyed cooking/baking as I find it very therapeutic so its been good to do in the afternoons (i only work mornings at the moment).

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Getting me taste buds back would be top of me list.

Watching the kids open there Christmas pressies Friday evening.

Might start planning a route to the Dolomites for when I can drive there, calling back to see pals north of Milan. Heading towards Innsbruck looks favourite.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Couple of Zoom chats organised, as per the last lockdowns.

I downloaded a free video making software recently and haven't even booted it up yet - hoping I might be able to improve the acoustic cover vids I've been doing over the last year. Maybe add a second track to them for backing vocals and suchlike. I'll have to learn how it works though.

I should really do some more drawing as well. Everyone tells me my drawings are excellent and that I should start selling them to people - it's just that each drawing takes me a good 5 hours so I can never be bothered to start one. :LOL:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

I downloaded a free video making software recently and haven't even booted it up yet - hoping I might be able to improve the acoustic cover vids I've been doing over the last year. Maybe add a second track to them for backing vocals and suchlike. I'll have to learn how it works though.

I should really do some more drawing as well. Everyone tells me my drawings are excellent and that I should start selling them to people - it's just that each drawing takes me a good 5 hours so I can never be bothered to start one. :LOL:
You've prompted me to get that watercolour set down from the attic - a present of a few Christmases ago that has remained undisturbed,

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Which software?