Things you look forward to.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Until my holiday in Antigua next April, really not got a great deal to look forward to over the next few months. Always find Xmas and New Year a bit of a slog (lot of passive aggressive comments from one side of the family or the other depending on where we are spending Xmas day then they spend the build up to Xmas working out how many of my much needed days off I can spend driving up and down the country to make sure that we have spent time with everyone (never an offer to come to us) and I dread to think what would happen if we sacked them both off and spent it at home alone).

I am at that age where buying a new set of pans last week is a highlight.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Until my holiday in Antigua next April, really not got a great deal to look forward to over the next few months. Always find Xmas and New Year a bit of a slog (lot of passive aggressive comments from one side of the family or the other depending on where we are spending Xmas day then they spend the build up to Xmas working out how many of my much needed days off I can spend driving up and down the country to make sure that we have spent time with everyone (never an offer to come to us) and I dread to think what would happen if we sacked them both off and spent it at home alone).

I am at that age where buying a new set of pans last week is a highlight.
Go on holiday and tell them you will be out of the country!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Take her to Spain with you.😂

I had the same with my dad.
Sadly he’s not here anymore it a problem I wish I still had!

Hell no, at least doing something here I can take her home later or the next day :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: .

My favourite one used to be when we had Xmas with my family my in laws would be 'well if you are not here Xmas day, we will expect to see you Boxing day morning'. Yes of course I am not going to drink on Xmas day so as I can leave home at 7.00 on boxing day morning for a 3.5 hour drive down to yours. Sadly, since my relatives have retired they seem to lose appreciation of the fact that time away from work is important to de stress and spending all of a week off driving around to see them with no personal time or time with friends is not relaxing.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Good luck amusing yourself for 3 days in Winchester, a couple of hours is plenty.
The Christmas Market around the Cathedral is lovely…though haven’t been down this year, as is the Cathedral itself. We really enjoy just wandering around old Winchester and walking along the River Itchen footpath. And sometimes it’s just lovely to be somewhere different and nice…and just sit and do very little or nothing at all.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
It’s December. I love Christmas. I love the Coke advert. I love Christmas music. I love the decorations… I guess I love just about everything about Christmas.

And on Christmas Eve, around 11:30pm, we’ll be sat having our Christmas picnic of smoked salmon, Wensleydale cheese, crackers and fizz, just like we’ve had for over 30 years.

Merry Christmas everyone!