Top 5 on your Bucket list?

D

Deleted member 17920

....and how many of those with their opinion have actually played ?
Yes played it and the Old is far better than the New, the experience on the Old is incredible, you don't get that from many other courses, if any!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've played the Old. As a golfing challenge it's not the hardest I've ever played but it has such a unique aura and feeling about the place, not just the course but the town itself. I can't say how anyone can criticise anyone putting it on a bucket list, which after all is a personal thing.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Forest Pines
Hankley Common
Gog Magog Old course
Woodhall Spa
Then about 5 courses I want to play again and some other local courses...

Valle De Este, Grimsby Golf Club, Thetford, Centurion, Blackmoor.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ach it's all subjective.

Yes, but if you were an Augusta member who had played it 100 times, you would probably say the same.

Just cos you've played it loads of times, and its no longer "special", doesnt mean that it wouldnt be "special" for someone playing it for the first time.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
And me. something about standing there at silly o'clock watching the place wake up, chatting to your fellow lunatics and just getting more excited & nervous in equal measure that just just added to it.

I...think....you've hit the nail dead centre there BIM. LOL. Utterly bonkers.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
About 5.45 I think, it was 18 years ago…….

Some wait that......:)

I played it about 2-3 years ago in the October half term. I got there at 6.45-7.00 am and was about 6th in the queue. 1st fella was off at 8.05 (he'd been there since 3.00 am), I was off by about 9.30 iirc.

It was during the week, but sometimes you can touch lucky, sometimes not.

Take a handicap cert also.:thup:

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've been lucky enough to play a fair few courses from some of those bucket lists. There's also some that hadn't thought of, and some I hadn't heard of.... It's good to see what others consider must plays, and because of that I've added a few more to my list.

Merv_swerve

Challenge Tour Pro
goo.gl
Royal Birkdale - after going to the Open I really want to play it
Formby
Ganton
Fulford
Woodhall Spa

I know we said achievable, but Fulford is not a bucket list course pal.
Aim a little higher!

With you on Birkdale though, after seeing it, gotta play it 👍

Merv_swerve

Challenge Tour Pro
goo.gl
The Old Course
Royal County Down
Royal Birkdale
Turnberry Ailsa
Pebble Beach

Can't remember who mentioned Crans sur Sierre but that would be tremendous also. Been to the region and the pictures the TV coverage give us each year are positively stunning!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Quite a few courses in the US of A that I fancy a crack at which are certainly achievable over time. Places like Streamsong, Sawgrass and some of the courses in the NW like Bandon Dunes, Whistling Straits etc really whet my appetite.

D

Deleted member 1147

Quite a few courses in the US of A that I fancy a crack at which are certainly achievable over time. Places like Streamsong, Sawgrass and some of the courses in the NW like Bandon Dunes, Whistling Straits etc really whet my appetite.

I only stated courses which were reasonable & possible to be played, but if I had gone for proper dream stuff I would have said virtually every course on Long Island (Shinnecock, Sebonak, Friars Head, NGLoA, Fishers Island etc)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The Old Course
Loch Lomond
Valderrama
Crans Sur Sierra
Trump International

Not a bad starter batch